Mutual hatred

Amelie continued to sprint down the hallways, Charlie not so far behind, still calling her name. She didn't stop until she was in front of her quarters; she unlocked it, and both went inside. Charlie instantly grabbed her wrist and looked at her; he only saw a distressed woman.

"What happened back there?" He asked her, concerned. On the other hand, she was furious, her cheeks stained with a deep red color, not only from embarrassment but from rage as well.

"THAT OLD GIT! HE- UGHHH!" She yelled. Charlie's eyes widened; why and how did she get so angry? "HOW DARE HE! I EVEN THOUGHT HE CARED! GOD, I'M SO STUPID," she continued to yell while pacing rapidly around her quarters. She needed to yell to calm herself down, and Charlie perfectly knew he should stay quiet unless he wanted to piss her off even more. Let's say he learned from his mistakes. Once in her fifth year, she was pissed at Bill, and when he spoke, she almost killed him.

She continued to yell things about Snape, Charlie waited patiently. After a while, when she was a bit less pissed at her boss, she sat down on the couch, Charlie did the same.

"Amy, what the hell happened? I haven't seen you like this since that time Bill ruined that potion on our fifth year." Charlie said, hoping the memories would ease her desires to murder Severus Snape. She glared at him. 'Damn, if looks could kill,' he thought.

"Well, yeah, I had a damn reason. I worked a whole month on that potion! The old git called my work 'lazy' when I said it was ruined, " She replied angrily.

"Okay, yes. But that's no the point. What happened back there?" Charlie asked her, she let out a loud groan. 'Okay, this is definitely worse than what happened with Bill,' He thought.

Amelie got up from the couch and started pacing her quarters once again. She started to tell Charlie everything, how he had heard them, well more like her. She also told him why he needed her in the first place, and finally, she explained why she was so goddamn pissed, she quoted what he said 'I don't want to be a cockblocker', and as soon as those words escaped her mouth, she felt her anger come back with all force. Charlie's eyes widened, his brows furrowed, and his mouth was almost touching the floor. Amelie groaned in frustration.

"And I didn't say anything back; I just left, like a coward. UGH. Oh! And his face! You should've seen his face! That bastard was HAPPY as if he had control over me and was proud of it!" Amelie said angrily and sat back on the couch besides Charlie, who was still silent, not only because he was afraid she would be mad at him if he spoke, but also because he didn't know what to do, neither say.

After some minutes of pure silence, Charlie finally said something. "Amy, he is the old git who has made your life miserable since you were in school, and back then, you never spoke up, neither talked back."

Amelie gave him a confused look. "What are you talking about, Charlie?"

"What I'm saying is that you were his student, so you couldn't fight back, but now, you can." He stated, Amelie only laughed at him. Now Charlie had a confused look on his face.

"Charlie, that's impossible. When I was his student, he was above me; he still is, in a different way, he is my boss now. Back then, if I talked back, the worse that could happen was detention with him or Filch, but now I can get fired, Charlie. I can't risk my new job before it even starts." She said, looking at her lap.

"Well, I never said to take it that far Amy, just don't let him get you, and if he does defend yourself, you shouldn't allow him to torment you any more; you were a child back then, but you are a grown, strong and beautiful woman. Is just an advice." He said while reaching her face with his hands, cupping it.