Push, Pull. Give, Take. And A Lack of Expectations

Push and pull.

Pull and push.

That's always been our relationship dynamic.

Yukiko would do all the pulling. While I would do all of the pushing.

She wants warmth and attention, so she pulls me in. But whenever I want silence and alone time, I'd push her away.

However...as selfish as this may be...I actually enjoy her pulling. Not because I'm needy. Not because I'm clingy. Not because I'm craving any sort of attention.

I just do.

Sometimes she'd struggle to get close, sometimes she doesn't even need to lift a finger.

There would also be times when I would push her on purpose, just to feel her pulling me back in.

Either way, she's still cute.

But like I said earlier...I still have my boundaries.

I can't blame her whenever she crosses it, can I? I have to keep telling myself that I can't get angry, and that she's not at fault.

That she was younger and more foolish, while I was older and wiser.

And because of that, it became my job to adjust myself.

Getting social cues were never her specialty, most likely because she was never in the right environment to learn them.

So, I'd just push her away when she passes my boundary, and simply wait for her to pull me back in after a while.

...But sometimes, she won't pull.

She'd be too embarrassed to pull. Too ashamed. Why?

Because she'd think that I'm angry at her.

And whenever that happens, the tables would turn completely.

I'd pull her back frantically, while she pushes away stubbornly.

It's an odd sight to see, at least in my view point.

But to be honest, I've learned...not to care.

I love her so much, I learned not to care about anything else. Whether I get embarrassed, humiliated, or teased, by the end of the day...I wouldn't care about any of it.

As long as Yukiko's by our side, everything will be just fine. She's like the safe haven we didn't know we all needed. An angel that fell from heaven.

Just like Big Sis.

No, maybe even more.

Her presence helped everyone in different ways, and I'm very grateful for that. Sometimes I wonder if she was born to help us cope. Help us find peace without the need for violence.

And because of that, I want to give everything to her. Keep her safe, happy, and contented.

She's done so much for all of us without her even knowing. It's only right to return the favor.

I want her to expect it of me. Even if she said she'd never expect anything from me, because she loves me, I still want her to.

Expect me to protect her every second that I can, expect me to repay her for everything she's done for us.

I want her to expect the best of me. So that I could give it to her.

She's more important to me than my own life. So I've vowed to never let her down.

After all...

That's the least I could do for her.