Training the Lab Rats

This is based off of the newly released streams for Danganronpa S (Also known as Danganronpa Decadence), so spoilers ahead

-------------------------------

Hoshino Yukiko, the Lil' Ultimate Music, strolled around Hope's Peak Academy's main building campus grounds, wondering where all her fellow Lil' Ultimates went.

They were supposed to enter the building together, since a classroom inside was meant to serve as the meeting place for all the participants of the Ultimate Summer Training Camp.

And yet, she just turned around for a split second, and suddenly everyone was gone.

...

...That was a lie, she chased a butterfly to god knows where until she got lost.

She didn't mind though, she wasn't scared of being alone in the campus. It was sunny, and she was sure that no one terrible can get in or out without the guards seeing. She'll be fine.

She DID have to find her friends though.

"Where could they be..." The little girl mused to herself, taking a short break by sitting in front of the flower beds "If Big Sis found out I separated from from them, she's not gonna be happy..."

The fourth grader couldn't help but sigh, as butterflies slowly gathered around her.

"I wanna look for them, but I feel like getting lost inside the building would be even worst..." The child looked over her shoulder, very slowly "What do you think butterflies? Should I just stay here until someone finds me?"

"..."

"...You know, I won't tell anyone if you started talking."

"..."

"...I don't really think butterflies can talk." A voice answered from behind, making all the butterflies suddenly fly away from her.

Making the child pout, as she turned to face the owner of said voice.

"You scared them away." Yuki stood up, and crossed her arms in front of her chest "You're a very, berry bad mister."

"A-Ah...uh...I'm sorry?"

A gentle breeze blew between the two, as the male scratched the back of his neck, while the child still pouted in disappointment.

...

And it took the male a few more seconds to remember why he approached her to begin with,

"Kid, why are you here? If you're not part of the camp or related to the staff, then I'm afraid you can't stay here."

"Hm? Are you part of it, too?"

"Huh?" The male looked at her, confused "Did you mean the summer camp? Then yeah, of course I am."

"Lucky, lucky!!"

"What do you mean..?"

"Me too, me too! I'm part of the camp, too!!" She cheered, pointing at herself "We can walk together then! Yuki didn't know which way to go, so I'm really glad you're here!!"

"O-Oh, I see..." He blurted out "Do you have talent too, then?"

She didn't exactly answer, but instead, she tilted her head to the side. Which made him even more confused.

A minute passed, then two, and the child was still staring at him, head tilted. He gave her a skeptical look, before tilting his head as well, mirroring her gesture ever so slightly.

Which made her smile even brighter.

"Yup! I'm the Lil' Ultimate Music, Hoshino Yukiko! It's nice to meet you!!"