𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖.

Y/N's POV

The car ride was really quiet. Everyone just seemed so empty.

Bachira was driving, Isagi in the passenger seat helping with directions. The rest of us were in the back, though we put down the backseat so we had more room.

I looked out the window with Nagi and Shidou. I actually haven't seen any zombies outside yet.

"Why's everyone so quiet? Scared?" Bachira asked us.

"No, it's just... there's no music right? Everyone's dead as a zombie and that means the radio's down too," Shidou said. "How can we be lively like this?"

"Hmm you're right... Well it's December right? You know what that means ~"

We all looked at Bachira in confusion.

"Only in my darkest moments can I see the light," Bachira sang. "I think I'm prone to getting blinded when it's bright ~"

"Well this December, I'll remember ~ Want you to see it when I do, ooh ~ God knows I do," Isagi murmured softly.

Bachira hit the wheel, creating a beat with his hands.

"Only in my darkest moments can I see the light. I think I'm prone to getting blinded when it's bright ~" Nagi softly sang.

"Well this December, I'll remember ~ Want you to see it when I do, ooh ~ God knows I do," Kunigami and Chigiri smiled, singing the part together.

Then all the boys started to sing.

🎶 I'm alright if you're alright, and I'm OK if you're OK. It's this state, in this state I'm living in. It's just a little bit, it's just a little bit lonely in this home, it's always colder on your own. My darling I, I let the seasons change my mind ~ 🎶

Some of them slung their arms around each other and rocked side to side.

Nagi and Shidou slung their arms around me, making me join them.

🎶 Only in my darkest moments, I wanna see you with your head wide open! Empty in the ground, gone without a sound, just another white elm growing at the end of town. Well this December, I'll remember. Want you to see it when I do ooh ~ God knows I do 🎶

They continued singing and I noticed Rin was the only one not participating. He looked annoyed, like he wanted to get out of the car as soon as possible.

He looked at me and we made eye contact. I smiled, but he looked away. Rin's so hard to understand...

"We're here ~." Bachira pulled the car to a stop and we all came out.

Was I the only one nervous? No one else looked scared. Sure we saw zero zombies so far but...

"So the plan is for 2 of us to stand outside and keep a lookout. Those 2 must be prepared to fight anytime, and if they do spot a zombie or zombies, then alert us. The other 6 of us will get supplies and then we'll leave right away," Bachira explained. "There's a really small chance that everything will go smoothly but we'll see how things go. Rin and Shidou, you 2 will be outside."

"Yessir." Shidou smirked.

Rin didn't say anything like usual. I waved at the 2 and headed inside the supermarket.

Woah this place was a mess.

Splattered blood and puddles of blood were visible on different parts of the floor, staining the white tiles of the supermarket.

Food was also knocked off of shelves, contents ripped and spilling out. Ugh...

And much of the food in the canned food aisle was gone, which was just great for us... But that also meant that there were other survivors nearby.

I walked around the aisles, looking for the food I had in mind. Honey, peanut butter, bread, energy bars or something like that, and any canned food still available.

After a good 5 minutes, I got everything and breathed a sigh in relief that no zombies had appeared yet. Was I just lucky? Hold on y/n, you don't want to push your luck just yet. Maybe I'm speaking too soon...

I headed towards the exit doors as I was done, and saw Shidou and Rin standing outside. Shidou had a bat that Isagi found in the depths of his house. It made him look cool. Rin didn't have anything because he didn't want anything. I didn't understand why but whatever I guess.

"Nya ha ~ 🎶!" I heard Bachira say. I looked behind me to see Chigiri pushing Bachira who was in a shopping cart. They came to a stop in front of me.

"OK you happy now? We can't be fooling around," Chigiri said.

"Thank you Hyo-chan! With your amazing speed it was so fun!" Bachira's eyes sparkled. He came out of the cart and sighed. "You know... You couldn't do that every day back then. Whatcha got y/n ~?"

"Food," I said. "You?"

Bachira pulled out candy.

"Oh nice."

"Hey do you 2 have free hands?" Isagi asked us. He was carrying too full shopping bags on his shoulders. He brought bags? "We need to get as much canned food as possible."

We nodded and followed him to the back of the store where the canned food aisle was at.

I grabbed a can of soup and saw the instructions label.

"We don't even have electricity though..."

Isagi heard me. "I know. I think we should move houses soon. It's for the better. Sure my house has tight security, but not enough resources. Do you think there's any other place with electricity out there?"

"Dunno. All of your phones are dead, so we have no access to outside sources via social media," I said. "I wonder if zombies have made it to countries besides Japan."

Shidou's POV

I sighed. "I don't mind defending the others from the outside, but why with you of all people?"

"Shut up you lukewarm insect," Rin said.

"I'm not lukewarm. I'm a hot individual," I smiled.

"Who thinks you're hot? Y/n?"

"I -" I stopped talking as I noticed something. "Hold on..."

I took a few steps forward to get a closer look.

"Is it -"

"Yeah."

Rin sighed.

"Alert the others. There's 4 zombies here."

AUTHOR'S NOTE 🎶

SAE AND HIS UGLY BANGS CAN GET LOST
#RINDESERVESBETTER2021