The Stars will Keep You Safe

WARNING: DRUG USAGE.

"Hey, what do you think about the anemo element? I'd say it's the most elegant element myself." Venti says, as he is situated a reasonable distance from where Xiao, the person he is speaking too, is hiding. This would make sense, as it would be a bit nonsensical to talk right next to him while he is trying to remain unseen. It would defeat the purpose. At the very least, if someone walks up on Venti, he could always say that he's going crazy and talking to himself.

With that said, that would be very believable. It's been a couple weeks since Venti started going out almost everyday to converse with Xiao. Each time Venti would locate Xiao, and try to have some small talk, and each time, Xiao would never respond. An average person would've given up, but Xiao really intrigues Venti. His only goal isn't just to figure out what Xiao is searching for, not just to figure out what's his position exactly within his mafia, but about him in general. The malice Venti experienced, it was the most bizarre thing that he's ever experienced, that he cannot let it go.

Venti would smile every time, he'd continue talking to himself, and when he really ran out of words to say, head started to play his lyre quietly. New verses, and song lyrics danced through his head as he played. Venti could turn anything into a song, whether it be the stillness of the soil he laid upon, or the way the clouds separated and passed each other, as if they were trying to get somewhere.

While Venti was in the zone, his eyes went gentle. He felt light, as if he was really ascending. Music was really the thing that made Venti's soul soar to celestia levels of bliss. However, this moment was cut by a sudden cough. Venti looked up to where he heard that, which was by Xiao hiding away in a tree. That was followed by a couple coughs, and suddenly, Venti couldn't feel his presence anymore. 'He teleported '. Venti thought, and having to use elemental sight to locate where he could be now, he also teleported to his location.

There, Xiao was laid up against a rock, seemingly in a pained posture. He had blood on his torso, and from the trailing, it seems to be coming from his own body--his mouth. Xiao coughed again, blood coming out, confirming Venti's suspicion. "Dammit..!" Xiao scowled to himself, as he fiddled with his pockets and pulled out a small plastic bottle.

Venti quietly approached Xiao, but stopped in his tracks once he felt the presence of malice. As if on cue, Venti watched as the black ghastly culprit for Xiao's pain appeared slowly and surrounded him. Venti hasn't said a word, and just watches this unfold, which Xiao did have a word to say about that.

"I didnt ask for a fucking audience..!" Xiao says irritated, but weak at the same time. Venti chuckles nervously, as yeah, it would be a bit rude to stare at someone suffering as if they were an animal in a zoo.

"Sorry, my apologies. It's just...." Venti truly didn't have the words. He couldn't imagine the pain Xiao must be in, malice is a truly dangerous thing.

"I don't care." Xiao says, he fiddles with the bottle and opens it. He tips it in front of one of his nostrils, using his other hand to press against the free nostril, and closes it. This meant all the focus was on the open nostril, and Xiao gently inhales whatever it is that is inside the bottle.

Venti watches, "If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you have there? Is it....supposed to help with....your problem?" Venti is really debating his words as he says them.

"What does it look like, insolent bard." Xiao says, when he's done inhaling it. He takes a deep breath, and closes his eyes.

"Apologies, I'm not very familiar with the drug world. Wine is my specialty" Venti boasts, though, that really shouldn't be something to boast about.