Drabble: The Proposal

The exact time was 11:21am. The setting? Your apartment. You and Jimin were eating lunch together when a crazy idea popped inside your head.

"I'm going to propose to Jeongguk,"

Jimin choked on his juice the moment he heard you speak.

"W-What?" He rubbed his left ear as if doing that would make him understand your abrupt confession. Did he even hear you right?

Did you really want to propose to Jeon Jeongguk?

"I want to marry him, Jimin-ah. We've been dating for three months already..."

The way you said it confused him more. Three months. You had been dating Jeongguk for only three months. Jimin didn't understand why you were suddenly in a hurry.

"Okay," your best friend sighed, facing you—carefully analyzing your expression. He didn't want to upset you.

"I know you guys are soulmates, but isn't it too early to get married? I mean..." He trailed off, not sure what to say.

Jeongguk used to be an asshole to you. It took him so long to figure out that he loved you. What if he wasn't ready to take your relationship to another level? Or worse, what if he fucked up again? It would surely be hard for you to leave if you were already married.

"I just feel like it's not the right time, you know? You two are basically still at the merge stage. I see how you act around each other. You're so in love with him that I feel like you feel like he's never going to hurt you again. And...and!" He gasped, as if he just realized something. "Do you see the way Jeongguk looks at you? I know he has those innocent eyes, but he looks at you like you're the one who put the stars in the sky! Like you're the air he breathes—"

"Jimin..." You cut him off, huffing. "Why are you telling me this? Are you sure you don't want me to marry him?"

You didn't understand your best friend. He was only giving you more reasons why you should push through with your plan.

"I want you to marry him!" His eyes were wide. "I only said that it's not the right time yet. You guys are basically just getting to know each other. Besides, aren't you like...still mad at him? The last time I checked you banned him from your office building."

"That was months ago! We're cool now." You flashed a proud grin, causing Jimin to roll his eyes.

"You are batshit crazy! Why do you like that Jeon boy so much?"

It was a rhetorical question. Jimin clearly didn't expect you to get so sappy, but really, he was in the wrong here. He should know by now that you took everything about Jeongguk seriously.

You loved him that much.

"He asked me the same question before, you know? Gukkie doubts himself greatly. He thinks he's not worthy of love, but he is..." You were just like your soulmate. There were also stars in your eyes whenever you talked about someone you adored.

"I didn't give him an explanation because I don't know what exactly I love about him. Do you understand that feeling, huh, Jimin? Like when everything about that person screams love, you don't really know in particular why you love them? Jeongguk is like that for me. He hurt me bad before, but I guess what made me realize that he's the one I want to marry is that despite the pain he brought, it is still being overpowered by love. He showed me things I didn't know I was capable of feeling and doing..."

"Okay, stop." His eyes brimmed with tears. "I get it. You love him. You will always love him no matter what I say, so go. Just marry him. You have my blessing!"