04

Jeon Jeongguk was a hypocrite

He said he didn't want to stay with you just because you helped him see colors, yet three weeks after officially being your roommate, he realized that you were too important to him.

Well, it wasn't you per se that was important to him. It was actually the benefits he derived from living with you.

"Ah, so you're her sugar baby?" Yoongi didn't even blink as he asked this to Jeongguk.

"Hyung!" Fixing his bucket hat, Jeongguk glared at his older friend. Sometimes, he wondered why he's friends with someone as shameless as Yoongi. It's like the latter didn't care if someone heard them casually talking about sex and sugaring.

"What?" Yoongi creased his forehead while grabbing the cocktail shaker.

Yoongi was professional bartender—this was one of the reasons why Jeongguk decided to go to Genius Lab tonight. He knew Yoongi would always pay for his drinks. You see, Yoongi wasn't only a bartender; he was also the owner of Genius lab, one of the high-end bars located in Itaewon. The name of the bar was coined by the owner himself. Yoongi claimed that no one could ever beat him when it came to mixing different drinks.

"I'm not her sugar baby..." Jeongguk pouted his lips, his cheeks were turning red. Yoongi couldn't tell if it was because he had drunk too much alcohol, or if he was just embarrassed with the idea of being a sugar baby.

Ah, sugar baby.

That thought didn't cross his mind until Yoongi mentioned it. Was he really your sugar baby?

Jeongguk wasn't sure if sugaring always included sex. What he knew was if that's the case, then your relationship with him wouldn't fall into that.

With you, sex was off the table. Jeongguk couldn't even bear to look at you, more so, touch you. One thing was for sure, though. Your relationship was mutually beneficial.

Jeongguk did all the household chores in exchange of living in your huge apartment for free. He thought it would be easy, but he was so wrong.

The piles of papers just kept on coming—just like Miri's hair on the carpet. The cat had a sweet spot for Jeongguk, but it didn't mean that she would stop scratching the walls and pooping all over the place.

Another thing Jeongguk hated was that you didn't seem to enjoy the meals he prepared just for you. This wasn't always the case, but he noticed that you barely touched the food that took him a lot of time to make.

It was as if you were more contented with just eating instant ramen. Admittedly, this hurt his feelings. It wasn't supposed to go like this since he obviously didn't care about you. Jeongguk believed that it was just his pride talking. He's too competitive for his own good. You claimed that you liked him, yet you didn't like the garlic shrimp he cooked tonight.