255: The One at Stonewall Prep

TONI POV:

I hear a knock on my dorm room door. I look over and see Donna. "Hey." I say fixing my tie. "You seeing anyone?" She ask quietly. "Why? Who's asking?" I ask. "Me." She says quietly. "Oh! I um... I'm actually seeing someone." I say quietly. "Do they go here?" She ask. "No, she's at my old school. I love her very much." I say quietly. "What's her name?" I sigh. "Cheryl." I say quietly. "Cheryl what?" She ask. "Not important because I know you're probably gonna hunt her down and kill her." I explain. "Just know, I'm in a gang and they all hate prep school kids because you all have daddy issues as big as your trust funds." I say before grabbing my bag and walking to the door. "Also you're not my type. I'm more into redheads. So if you feel like putting your hair through that you can, just know I'm still gonna say no." I say quietly. "Not sorry." I whisper and leave to go to class.

"Dad please! I hate it there!" I beg my dad who's working on his truck. "Toni, you need to get out of this town and this is your way!" Dad says quietly. I look at him. "What if I don't want to?" I ask quietly. He looks up from his engine. "I like it here! As crazy and fucked up this town is! I still like living here! I want to stay here and help kids my age!" I say quietly. "Well, if that's the case then you can stay at Stonewall get a nice scholarship to a good college and get your degree in child psychology or something and then you can come back here and help kids if you're so inclined!" He explains to me. "But you're staying at Stonewall for the rest of high school! I can't believe I have to force my kid to go to a fancy school!" He tells me. "I'm sorry but, I want what's best for you and I think going to Stonewall is it!" He says quietly. "Fine, but I'm gonna complain the entire time." He nods. "You've been doing that for the past month Toni." I sigh. I hear a knock on the front door. "That might be Cheryl." I say quietly. I walk out of the garage. "You didn't see that the garage was wide open?" I ask smiling. She runs over to me and hugs me. "Hey baby." I whisper and pull her into a kiss. "It's only been a week. We don't have to have these big reunions every weekend." I tell her. She looks at me and I can tell something is wrong. "You ok?" I ask quietly. "Do you want to talk?" She nods. "Ok!" I whisper. "Hey dad! We're gonna go inside for and talk!" I tell him.
He nods.

I look at Cheryl. "I thought he killed himself?" She shakes her head. "No, this is his twin brother. No body knew about him except Nana Rose." She says quietly. "Wow, your family is crazy." I whisper. "I've been trying to tell you that so you'll get out." She says. "Oh no! You're stuck with me!" She smiles a little. "For now at least. I told Donna that if she went through the efforts of becoming a ginger I'd consider it." I say quietly. "I'm probably not gonna take her offer, she's kinda bitchy." She smiles. "She's crazy smart, so I'll give her that." I say quietly. "But if you found out she got pushed down the stairs or something, don't be surprised if it's me." I tell her. "What's with the homicidal tendencies?" She ask. "I'm never going to actually do it. I think plotting ways to kill people is kinda therapeutic for me because then their kinda dead in my head and have no power over me." I explain. "I don't know, it helped with my mom." I add. She nods. "If you ever kill someone make sure you call me, as much as I hate my mother, she would be helpful." I look at her. "You don't want to know why I have that information." She says quietly. I look at her. "Nope!" I smile. "But I'll keep you posted on that." I whisper. "Do you want to go help my dad with the car?" I ask her. She looks at me. "Can we just stay here?" She ask quietly. I smile. "Anything for you." I whisper.

I roll over and look at Cheryl. "You ok?" I ask quietly. She nods. "You?" She ask quietly. I nod smiling a bit. "Yeah, I'm just not really tired, I kinda slept all day. I don't get a lot of sleep at school and it's starting to catch up with me, but today really helped." I whisper. She kisses me. "You don't want to be there do you?" She ask moving hair out of my face. "My dad is making me stay so I can get out of this town and become more than this place. The thing is, I don't want to get out of here. I want to make this place better." I explain. She looks at me. "I just want to help people." I say quietly. She looks at me. "So help people." I smile. "I was planning on it." I whisper. "But, my dad still wants me to go to college and stuff." I say sitting up on my elbows. "Why is that so bad?" She ask quietly. "It's not, but I don't know if I want to go to college!" I say quietly. "And I don't want to spend money on college just for me to drop out!" She looks at me. "Unless I get a scholarship!" I whisper. "Do you think that'll happen?" She ask quietly. "You never know." I say quietly. "I just have to work 10 times harder than I ever have." I say quietly. "Oh my god, I'm gonna end up killing myself and it won't be on purpose!" I whisper. She looks at me. "I really don't know how to help you with that." I nod. "It's ok." I smile. "I love you." I say barely audible. "I love you too baby." She whispers moving hair out of my face.

This is a short one again, Sorry.