The Dinner Talk.

Serving the food my Mother seemed to be chatting up Mrs. Santon. Mr. Santon just kept quiet, occasionally nodding his head or laughing slightly.

Jamie and I were exchanging quiet discussion.

I had found out a lot about him; for example his favourite colour was blue and he was a bookworm. He was going to enrol in my school which was St. Caulfield. He was also a conversationalist so I let him do all the talking. He had many friends as well and was generally optimistic all the time.

I told him stuff about myself as well. Like how my favourite colour was red and I loved roses. How I was intelligent and socially inept. How my best friend was my Mother and that my Father had died with my twin brother.

We were both sombre when I had said that for quite a while. Then Jamie cracked a joke and we were both laughing our heads off.

"My son, you see Calla, is quite the bookworm. Even though he's got loads of friends he still doesn't come out of the house. It's a miraculous feat if he actually does." Mrs. Santon said.

"Oh! I feel the same for you Della. My daughter rarely gets out of the house. She hasn't got many friends you see.." My Mother trailed off looking at me.

Mrs. Santon gave me a pitiful look which wasn't at all sincere and said hungrily, "oh! Since we have the same children with the same traits we could help them together..?"

She leant forward. I couldn't help but think she leant a bit too forward for my liking. My Mother as usual was oblivious.

"Yes. We should. Or better yet they should become friends!"

"Excellent!"

Looking at Jamie I whispered "is your mother bisexual?"

Jamie nodded.

"Well, she's a tad too close to my Mother, don't you think?"

Jamie leant next to me and whispered "well I can't do anything. Nor can dad. It's just how she is. Plus dad likes it when mum hits on another woman. It turns him on."

"Really?"

"Yup. Totally." He said. It was then that I noticed the close approximately we were in. I could see his face clearly. He had light freckles scattered across his little button nose and his eyes were like large gooey silver storms of grey. He had high cheekbones and fine eyebrows. His lips were bow-arched and red and he had an ever present pinky-red blush on his plump cheeks. The blush only added to his pale skin of a porcelain doll. He didn't have an Adam Apple. His voice was a bit too high pitched for it.

He was beautiful. Just like someone I once knew. I just don't know who..

"Can you tell her to budge it?"

He just laughed. A sweet, melodious laugh. My eyes were on his lips; they looked soft, inviting.

Grinning I looked into his eyes. They were appealing and unique. I don't think I've met anyone with silver-grey eyes before.

Suddenly Time seemed to go fast and it was time for them to go home.

"Aww, well Calla, it has been great fun at dinner. Maybe we can meet up again?" Mrs. Santon said tearfully hugging my Mother. She held her grip for a bit longer than supposed.

"Cya. Great fun havin' dinner with y'all." Jamie said smiling. He hugged my Mother who gushed about how cute and little he was and then me. He went up to my shoulder so he was quite little. Maybe 4'5 or 4'6.

"Oh-" I pulled him back to me by his arm, "-don't forget to tell your mum 'bout personal bubbles. See you." I whispered lowly into his ears.

He shuddered. "That tickled." He said giggling a bit.

Rolling my eyes I nudged him with my hip. "Don't forget, eh? We can catch up tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Sure." He confirmed. Mr. Santon opened the door for his wife and son. I looked outside; it was still partially sunny but there looked to be chances of rainfall.

We all said goodbye once more then they were out the door.

"You like them?" My Mother asked cleaning up the dishes.

"Yeah. Jamie's fine. I just don't like his mum." I said truthfully, helping my Mother with the dishes.

"Hmm" she said thoughtfully.

"Yeah, hmmm." I said cheekily.

"Don't use that tone with me." She chided me, though her eyes were full of good-natured humour.

I stuck my tongue out at her and we were both laughing.

Somewhere in the laughing my Mother had called it a night and went up to change.

I did the same shortly after and was snuggled up in my blankets and duvet sleeping soundly, my thoughts plagued by Jamie's ever blushing face.