32| Gunpoint

- your nicotine lips and your heart of stone -

"Careful there," Taehyung scoffs, then grabs me by my waist, picking me up from the ladder to put me down on the ground, exactly like he would have done with a toddler

"What are you doing here?" I snarl, getting away from his grip as fast as I can.

Of course Jimin and Jungkook had to join too, the both of them looking at my angry stance and back at Taehyung with curiosity.

"It's lunch time. I just thought I would come here and," he points up the tower, "check how the weather is up there."

"Don't bother. I can tell you that already," interrupts Yoongi as he jumps down the last few metal bars of the ladder, "It's freezing."

"How did you find me?" I turn to Yoongi, "Did you text him to tell him I was with you?"

He shakes his head.

"You two weren't exactly subtle, running out the door in the middle of third period. Pretty much everyone on the third floor saw you by the parking-lot," explains Jimin, who is staring at his phone with furrowed brows, "By the way guys, Namjoon is coming back in town for Christmas... we should probably do something about that."

"Like what?" Jungkook asks.

"Make his life a living Hell?" suggests Yoongi, shrugging.

I turn back to Taehyung who is grinning, hands in his pockets and amber eyes shining mischievously. The last time I saw him was at the sorority house party a few days ago, where I completely ridiculed myself by trying to seduce Hoseok into trusting me again.

That didn't end well.

Taehyung's expression tells me he knows all about it and is beyond satisfied with that conclusion. He looks so proud of himself, smiling widely with all of his teeth, the kind of rare beam he wears when no one is looking, narrowing his eyes and stretching his lips into a boxy smirk. For some reason, his satisfied expression makes me angrier than ever and I have to ball up my fists not to slap him. I bet it was his plan from the very start; kissing me so Hoseok would hate me, just so he could toy with my feelings and humiliate me for fun.

Maybe Hoseok and everyone else is right and he is a psycho after all. It sure feels like the current problems I have all started when he slithered back into my life.

"Where are you going?" Yongi calls as I walk away, stomping over the frozen mud and punching aside the phragmites.

"Back to school."

Lunch break must be over soon, and I don't want to miss another class.

Also, I can't stand Taehyung right now.

A car suddenly appears out of nowhere, driving through the phragmites like a bullet, almost colliding with me. I scream, backing away and falling on my ass. The old beige Camaro stops an inch away from my face, and the four doors open to let out Hoseok's frat boy friends; Nathan, Darren, Tyler, and Chase. I blink, suddenly highly confused.