1| Remember Me?

- They're down on their knees, begging us please, praying that we don't exist -

I take a sip of my drink, wondering when alcohol has started to taste so good. I used to hate it, beer and cocktails feeling like pure ethanol on my tongue, burning my taste buds and leaving my mouth dry and tasting of copper. However, all things change in time and I surprise myself, savoring my gin tonic with more enthusiasm than I expected.

The party is at its climax and the house is now full, people practically climbing on each other to try to move around. Someone tumbles over the carpet and I watch as a girl receives the amount of a complete red plastic cup of vodka-cranberry onto her breasts, her scandalized shrieks soon filling the room as she cries over her ruined white crop top.

Crystal chimes at my side, patting my thigh to make sure I didn't miss the show.

"Did you see that? Did you see his face! That guy was trying to get her number for the last hour and now he ruined everything in a second!"

I chuckle, licking my chapped lips. I was right coming here tonight, a room packed with people was what I needed to blow off some steam. I face my friends, all sitting on the old green couch at my side, passing a joint around and gossiping, their glazed eyes already delirious. Hoseok on my right is half-asleep and I absently stroke his back, brown silky hair tickling my neck as he leans on my shoulder.

"I'm hungry," he mumbles in my ear, eyes shot closed, his hand brushing over my thigh, "Can you get me something? I want a hotdog."

He absently pecks my cheek before falling backward into the sofa, looking dead asleep as he settles on the armrest.

"Yeah, sure babe."

"Get me a drink too!" demands Crystal, handing me her empty cup of rum and coke.

I nod with a smirk, standing up to try to get around the coffee table without bumping too much into the people around. The air smells of weed and beer, smoke stinging my eyes as I walk in the middle of a group of frat boys living here.

"Hey! It's Sage!" one of them cheers and I blow him a kiss, smiling widely.

He pretends to faint, his buddies catching him theatrically and I cackle.

"Hey Nathan, where are the hotdogs?" I ask as I walk inside of the cramped kitchen, my gaze brushing over an impressive number of empty beer bottles, covering every surface of the ugly brown laminated countertop.

"Will you do body shots with me if I tell you?" he asks cheekily.

"Yeah, sure, but I choose with which body part and I'll gladly look at you drink tequila off my armpit after I danced all night."

"What if I'm into that kind of stuff?"

"Nathan!"

They all know I'm with Hoseok. They wouldn't dare touch me, but that doesn't hinder them from flirting shamelessly and joking around, which I don't mind. To be honest, it makes me feel like I'm part of the group.