Chapter 2 - Scars

--------Idk if some of you may find this a trigger warning, theres no blood or anything but just a small warning-----------

Positive now that I hated this day, I finished my work and waited for the bell to go. Thankfully, I heard it go and I was the first out of the door, almost running to my next lesson. Art. I loved so much, other than music it was the one place I felt truly happy in this school. The teacher, Mrs Armstrong, fully understood my selective mutism, having a sister once the same. She left me to my work, without questioning me infront of the class. She was one of the only teachers I spoke to, and she let me have my earphones in. This was a double period lesson, so I took comfort in knowing this was all I had until break, and even then I was able to spend breaks in her room. Within no time, I'd made it to her room at the back of the school. I comfortably walked in, knowing she didn't make me wait. Greeted by a warm smile, I sat down as she came and sat with me. 'Nice to see you again Maria, how was your summer?' I smiled knowing this would probably be the nicest short conversation I'll have today. 'It was dreadful if I'm honest, there was alot of therapy sessions, I kind of relapsed and went into hospital for three weeks.' I let my voice trail off towards the end, knowing she'd be dissapointed. Sighing, she shook her head, pated me on the shoulder and walked off towards the class door. Sleepy teenagers came groaning through the door. The last of them was Alex. Insantly we made eye contact. I shyed away awkwardly, hating my anxiety more than ever. Despite my rude actions, he smiled and made his way towards the spare seat on my desk. Mrs Armstrong looked over to me with a content smile. She'd got the wrong impression I could tell. I groaned slightly under my breath as he sat next to me, grinning like a fool. 'I had no idea you took art, mind you I had no idea you took any lessons'. I shot him a glare, looking down at the table full of my colours and paper. 'You know, Im not here to hurt you. Id just kinda like to get to know you I guess. I don't know. Just forget about it anyways.' I looked up at him from my work. I had to admit, that was sweet, and he seemed nice enough. He'd kept his head low, emotionless. I sighed, tearing a sheet of paper from the back of my sketchpad. 'Okay, fine, what do you want to know'. I tossed the piece of paper at him, watching him this time as he opened. He read it, smiling. 'Hm...' I looked at him vacantly, as he ruffled his hair. 'I want to get to know you. Im new here, and well, everyone else seems pretty stuck up other than my few mates'. Smiling, I shook my head, Pulling out more paper, beginning to write.

Throughout the lesson, the letters carried on, some short, some long. I'd grown a liking to Alex, even though it had only been a couple of hours since meeting. Although, I still wasn't making a sound. Mrs Armstrong came around, smiling as ever. 'Maria that looks great, I think you should start adding paint to it now!'. I nodded, getting up out of my seat for some water. Coming back to my seat (where I'd already set out paints) I pulled up my sleeves, ready to start painting. 'Woah, Maria!!' I shot up, startled. What was it? Then, I realised. My scars. My bandages. Shit! I tugged on my sleeves aggresivley, not wanting Alex to see anymore. Boy, talk about first impressions. He opened his mouth, about to speak presumably. 'I didn't realise you...' Alex stopped mid scentence. Great, you've fucked everything up now Maria. He picked up his pencil again, then began to speak. 'Ring a parent or whoever, tell them you're going to be late home. Around 8pm'. Weighing up the odds of him doing something bad, I nodded, pulling out my phone. I texted my mum, telling her I was spending some time with a new friend, then slid my phone back away.

_______________

A.N

So sorry how long it took to update, this is all saved on my computer and Im usually pretty busy or too lazy to plug it all in and update, this is so short omg apologies

ugh Im a sucky updater sorryyyy!

More from this soon, this time I promise