Chapter 2~ Closer

Closer

°●°☆°●°☆°●°

°●°☆°●°☆°●°

It had been three weeks since Blue's letter.

Ethan figured that it was partly his fault for not replying, and Blue probably thought it was a waste of time to keep sending anyway. However, he also had a feeling that she was most probably too busy to write as her intern examinations were coming up as well.

Things in the Amazon hadn't been getting much better. The amount of infected people was still increasing but however, Ethan and the team of doctors that were dispatched there had a strong lead in figuring out the nature and type of the virus.

Ethan realized his body was not working as fast as his mind, and he badly needed a recharge. He had been working tirelessly for three weeks straight, studying and treating those with the virus by trying to manage the symptoms at the initial stage.

Everytime he felt that he was going to pass out from fatigue, his mind would always drift to Blue. The way she worked her ass off everyday to prove that she was deserving of her spot in the diagnostic team, but also because she cared about the quality of patient care.

If she as an intern, could do it, he could too.

He persevered on with thoughts of her. Ethan felt like a fool for thinking that running away to a damn rainforest would help him forget Blue. All he ended up doing was think about her more. He had half a mind to fly back to Boston, but he had taken an Oath. He was already here, and his love for medicine overpowered the fatigue.

But that day, he knew he had overworked himself way overboard, and if he did not relax and rest, he would not be able to continue working properly.

So that night, Ethan entered his tent with a bottle of Brazillian whisky which was delivered to him from Natu Nobilis, upon his request. He needed to just have a drink, and wind down before going to bed.

No more working for the rest of the night.

He set the bottle of whiskey down on his foldable desk, when he notice an envelope on it. It didn't take long for him to realize that it was from Blue again. Ethan was elated as he felt the familiar fluttering all over in the pit of his stomach.

He quickly got a silver tumblr from the foldable cabinet beside his desk, before pouring some whisky from the bottle in it. He took a sip, letting the cool heavy liquid settle down his throat, quenching his thirst. He sighed heavily before opening up the letter.

"Hey Ethan, it's me again. I know I have not written to you in three weeks. I really wanted to, but I had been too caught up in cases Zaid had been assigning me as well as with my intern exam being held this week. It went well by the way, I studied hard for it."

Ethan read and immediately smiled. He knew it. There was no way Blue stopped writing willingly, and instead focusing on her intern exam. He was proud that she found the exam managable. He had no qualms or worries in that aspect as he knew Blue was brilliant and hardworking.