Chapter Two

TW- Not eating.

With the many years to come Regulus did learn to fight his own battles as his brother had told him at such a ripe age, those words always stuck with him. Out of the things their mother would say and scowled into their minds, his brothers were the ones to stay. At eleven years old Regulus went off to Hogwarts with Sirius as he had promised. He remembered that day on the train so clearly.

"Come on Reg, my friends are this way. You can sit with us!" Sirius insisted.

"Mother said I am to sit with Cissy." Regulus urged.

"Well mother isn't here, is she?"

"But she'll know, she always knows Sirius."

"Here we are!" Sirius changed the subject, opening the compartment door.

Inside were three boys, a short blond boy with a slightly chubby face and dark blue eyes. A tall skinny boy with warm brown hair and hazel eyes, a long scar was etched across his face. And finally a boy who seemed the same height as Sirius. He had darker hazelnut hair and golden eyes that were of a forest, his beautiful eyes were covered by round, silver rimmed glasses. The boy's hair curled near the top and bottom of his head. He smiled widely once Sirius was in the compartment. Regulus watched as the boy embraced his brother in a bear hug. He stood outside the door watching things unfold, he wasn't going to stay. Mother would find out.

"Mates, meet Regulus." Sirius exclaimed sitting down next to the tall boy.

"Regulus this is Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew and James Potter."

So that was James, the boy with glasses. He was more attractive than Regulus had imagined.

"Hello!" James said kindly, "You're welcome to sit with us, if you'd like?" He added, still smiling.

Regulus didn't match the boys excitement, he just uttered a "hello." And left to find his Cousin.

At the time he didn't know but that moment would shape the rest of his life.

...

Later that evening, Regulus had been sorted into Slytherin. He knew his parents would be proud, but he only thought of his brother and how they would always be apart now. That first night he cried. He couldn't remember the last time he had cried, but he was away from his mother and this, surley, she would not find out about. He let the salty tears spill down his face, soaking his pillow and cheeks. He had never let the tears actually come, he always stopped them. It was such an incredibly relieving feeling. Regulus couldn't remember when he had fallen asleep, but he woke up the next morning knowing he had dreamed something happy.

...

Regulus was now going into his fifth year at Hogwarts. He was usually somewhat happy to go back to school, but this year was different. Over the summer Sirius had ran away from home. Leaving Regulus again, he never even said goodbye. He just left, Regulus knew deep down where his brother was but never told his parents. Sirius was with the Potters. James Potter, the 'real brother' of Sirius Black. He hated James so much, he was everything he wanted to be, a brilliant student, a Gryffindor, an excellent chaser, top of his class, happy life with happy parents, attractive. But most importantly he was the one who stole Regulus' brother from him. They were inseparable, always together, like magnets. Regulus hated him. And he felt he had every right to do so.

He dreaded going back now, knowing he would have to watch Sirius with the brother he had always wanted. He had a gut feeling that this year would indeed be different. He was now on platform nine and three quarters, saying goodbye to his mother. He turned from her and in an instant his eye caught Sirius. He was hugging Remus Lupin. James was behind them both smiling like he always was. He rolled his eyes back slightly getting on the train, pretending he hadn't even noticed. Pretending he was hurting so deeply on the inside.

Fight Your Own Battles ~ Jegulusजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें