Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

ESCAPE

All their eyes were fixed to the two of us. Like me, they cannot believe what just happened.

What indeed just happened?

In a flash, Sr. Shanti knocked out the three thieves. They were already lying on the floor unconsciously when we looked at them.

"WE NEED A CAR, LELOUCH!" she shouted. She then bent down and removed the thieves' masks.

"Who i - is Le - Leouch?" I croaked in a broken whisper.

She did not answer me; instead, she approached Sr. Freya and Sr. Claire and ordered them to call the police and collect the guns. After that, she went to the kitchen and when she came back, she was already carrying a big black shoulder bag and a small bottle, which I recognized, was my medicine.

"Where are you going?" Sr. Freya asked.

"Iana and I are going to leave now." She opened the bottle and poured some of its content on the floor. "Can you still remember what I said to you on Iana's seventeenth birthday?"

Sr. Freya nodded.

"Burn the old oak tree and all our things. Felicity, Marina and Randy will be here any moment. They will be the one who will explain everything to you," she said hastily.

She grabbed my wrist and tugged me closer to her. While we were walking, she was pouring my medicine on the floor. And when we reached the front door, she poured the remaining content of the bottle on my chest.

"What are you doing on my medicine? Where are we going? What is going on?" I asked.

"Just trust me," she said simply. She opened the door and a black sports car stopped right in front of us.

She tugged me again, opened the door at the backseat and pushed me inside. She sat on the passenger seat and ordered the driver to drive fast.

"What's on her dress?" the driver asked.

"Blood with garlic," she replied. "I need to hide our scents especially Iana's. All of them will be after her for sure."

"B - bl - blood?" I asked nervously.

She glanced at me and smiled. "It is not blood."

"B - but - you s - said -"

"Don't worry Iana." She looked at the driver meaningfully. "The thing on your dress is not blood."

"Oh my gosh!" I shrieked.

Sr. Shanti gasped. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing... it's just that... this is the first time to ride a car," I said impishly. When she rolled her eyes I added, "You never allowed me to leave the orphanage and ride a car, remember?"

She ignored me and looked sideways. "Do you think we are being followed?"

"I don't know... I can't smell anything." The driver looked at my stained clothes. "You put too much garlic."

The driver had red eyes too like Sr. Shanti. His face looks familiar. If only I could see his face properly, I think I could distinguish him.

"I sensed I five before we left," he added.

She looked at him questioningly. "Are we going to meet the others now?"

He nodded and drove even faster.

I cannot understand what they were talking about... especially the "blood and garlic" thing. Sr. Shanti refused to tell me anything and I was dead curious to know what happened to those three bullets.