⇢ Dealing With Hate Comments

DEALING WITH HATE COMMENTS

First, I just want to say, it's ridiculous how many toxic comments I've seen on other people's books. I have been so blessed to receive little to none, but I am fully aware that this is a serious problem that has hurt so many wonderful people on this app (and on the internet in general).

Here's a list of all the things I've done over the years whenever it comes to hate. Everyone is different, so some might not work well for you, but I hope you can find some helpful info here!

REMINDER! The majority of FanFiction writers do not get paid to write. They put their hard work online for FREE, and they do it for FUN, so if you see someone hating on an author's book, try to remind them of this—or just report the comment! maybe both!

let's begin:

            #1. Block, Delete, Repeat.

This is the most simple rule, and I find it works quite well. If life gives you a block button, USE IT! WOHOOO! ALL THE POWER TO YOU! It's efficient and it solves the problem. Also, delete those hate comments from your chapter! No one wants that negative sentence of lies to infiltrate your amazing account. Repeat if necessary :)

            #2. Netflix & Ignore

This was one of the first strategies I used when I first started writing. When I saw a hate comment, I taught myself to ignore it, move on with my day, and forget it was there (use the delete tool so you don't come across it again). Watching something on Netflix (or Hulu, or Disney+, or a good ol' DVD) to distract yourself is helpful too! I usually watch something funny.

            #3. Go To Clown Town.

Laugh at it. Seriously, look at the comment and laugh at how ridiculous it is. Did they really think you cared? Did they really think their one-sentence piece of rubbish was better than your entire work-of-art fanfiction? Pah-LEESE! Laugh at it, because it's truly clownery—and then delete and block—and then laugh some more.

I hope some of these help! Also, do not hesitate to reach out to me, your friends, and anyone you trust. You are loved, and you are appreciated, and we're glad you're here :)