~22

(A/N: The uploading time might differ this week since I'm not home so, sorry about that.) 

Marie opened her eyes but she wasn't in the usual world. The place where she was, was dark and people stood around her.

"Where am I?" Marie thought and everything looked blurry.

"Bro needs you. You're the only one he has left." A familiar red-haired girl said.

"You've always been reckless and you never cared about your safety, but there is no reason for you to get here so quickly." A blonde-haired boy said. 

Marie's vision was too blurry to fully see them but she knew that those two were Isabel and Furlan.

"You've helped us a lot but get back quickly. Your friends and brother need you." Two little boys said simultaneously.

"Abel? Thomas?"

Marie looked at her right side and saw two elderly people.

"You wanted to fight alongside your brother, didn't you? Now get back quickly to make him proud and stay beside him." The elderly woman said and the male next to her nodded.

Her squad stood behind them and watched her with a sad smile.

A beautiful woman with black hair suddenly held her face and gave her a sad smile.

"You've grown... I'm proud of you... But you need to get back. Your brother needs you. Your friends need you... We'll continue to watch over you..." The woman said and a man with a blacked-out face stood behind her.

Marie's eyes suddenly opened again in a shocking state and she was back in the forest. She tried to get up but pain shot through her.

"You Idiot! You worthless Idiot! Your squad died and here you are, almost having the same fate!" Marie shouted in her head.

She looked at her ODM gear and saw that it had completely broken.

"Even this?!"

Marie abandoned her gear beside the straps and looked around. She saw Petra and Olou dead on the ground with both of their ODM gear were broken as well. She looked at their bodies with dead eyes and she felt sad but swallowed it because she had to keep going.

She decided to get up to find Eld's body and take his gear since it wasn't broken from what she'd seen. In the meantime, she heard roars from a distance and figured that Eren and The female Titan were fighting there.

"Sorry, Eren... I can't help you... Not yet." 

Every step Marie took hurt but she had no other choice than to keep going. Marie found Eld's upper body and his bottom half about ten meters away. She crouched down to his bottom half and took off the gear. She tried her best not to look at Eld's insides, but she caught glimpses of it, making her feel really bad.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry." Marie repeated in her head.

She finally got his gear off and she walked back to where she abandoned her gear, close to Petra. Marie could feel someone's energy coming closer but their energy was sad.

"Levi..."

Levi landed on the tree and looked down at Petra with a devastating look. He saw Marie behind her and he slightly widened his eyes before coming down. Marie looked at him with a sad face.

"I'm sorry."

Levi crouched down and placed his hand on her shoulder. 

"It's not your fault," Levi said and he started to help her put on Eld's gear.