~33

~Recap~

--------------------

Marie could notice by Levi's energy that he noticed that something happened to Marie.

"It's true that Kenny's tight-lipped. There's lots of stuff he doesn't talk about. Especially the important stuff." Levi said annoyed as he finally figured out Kenny's last name. "But you must have a rough idea. You best try to remember. You still have plenty of bones left to break." Levi said as he grabbed his other arm.

"You're...You're insane!" The guy said to Levi.

"Maybe..."

-----------------

Marie heard people coming from the left and Sasha informed the group as they all pointed their guns to the left. Levi pushed the guy on the ground to stay hidden.

"I told you so, captain. It's no use. One way or another... The scouts will come to an end." The guy said.

"Wait. Based on their energy the people are Hange and Moblit." Marie thought.

Marie snapped her fingers to get the squad's attention. Everyone got a bit scared by the sudden sound but Marie got everyone to look at her.

"No worries. Those two people are Hange and Moblit. Let's put our weapons down." Marie signed.

"We have a letter. It's about the Survey corps' position." Hange said as they put their hood down.

Everyone sat behind Levi who was holding the letter. They set up a campfire for light and everyone tried to read the letter closely. Marie stood directly next to Levi but the rest were breathing in her neck which made her a bit uncomfortable but she was able to read the letter so she didn't mind.

"The coup d'était was successful. Premier Zachary has control of the capital and administrative district. For the time being, nobility hasn't rebelled. The government has abused its power and king Fritz was a total fake. Our actions were justified as self-defense" Marie read.

"This means that we're free people now," Hange said as they saw that everyone finished reading.

The excitement started to hit as they realized that the Survey Corps was free. almost everyone jumped in the air to celebrate and Marie smiled relieved.

"Looks like the gamble played off," Levi said to Hange

"Yeah. It wasn't just Erwin though. The lone choices of many managed to change the world."

"And I managed to kill the three people you loaned me. I'm sorry." Levi said as he stood next to Hange.

Hange gave him an apolagetic smile.

"The only problem is, is that Eren and Historia are somewhere else. If we don't find them soon."

Marie was listening to their conversation and she was also worried about Eren and Historia's wellbeing.

"I may have a clue about that," Hange said as they held a certain book up. "Let's get there and put an end to this battle."

............................

Everyone was in carts, going to the place where Eren and Historia might be as Hange started to explain the plan.

"Erwin gave me this scout investigation regarding lord Reiss' land. Most of it was about an incident that happened 5 years ago that shook up the Reiss family."

"five years ago?" Marie signed.

"Right. On the day wall, Maria was breached. Rod Reiss had 5 children and one of them was the eldest daughter Frieda who was a down-to-earth girl. Everyone liked her. But five years ago, disaster struck. With all the chaos that night, some bandits raided the only chapel around and set it on fire. Unfortunately... The entire Reiss family was praying there together. As for what happened the entire family died except for Rod Reiss himself"

"that's terrible... But something is slightly off or something." Marie thought.

"Almost immediately after losing his family, Rod Reiss sought out Historia. There must be a reason as to why he and his lackeys are after Historia.

"They're from the same bloodline. Is there something secret about their blood?" Levi asked.

"We don't know for sure yet. But what really makes me curious is that some parts of the chapel are completely wrecked. The chapel's stone is destroyed but that's something that should take a lot of time and can't be done with just a fire. I might be jumping to conclusions but there's something about that chapel that we need to check out."

"I agree with Hange. All of this just doesn't add up." Marie signed in thought.

"Let's go fast," Hange said and they started to speed up.

They were worried that if they weren't fast enough that Eren might get eaten already. They weren't sure if it was true that if a Titan eats a Titan shifter that they'll inherit their power.

"This just doesn't feel right... If the theory is true then how could Eren be a Titan shifter? He wasn't a Titan before." Marie thought but she was sucked back to reality when Levi started talking

"Kenny the ripper might be where Eren and Historia are. If he's there he will be our biggest obstacle. In terms of how much of a threat he is, compare him to me as an enemy. No... With the weapon that he has, he might be deadlier than me." Levi said seriously.

Marie knew what he was talking about. Levi had told a lot about Kenny and she knew that this wasn't the person you wanted to mess with.

"It's not like he has no weak points right? Everyone has at least one." Armin started.

"I wonder. How is it that you lived with Kenny the ripper when you were younger but know absolutely nothing about him" Hange said to Levi

"Sorry, but I only found out his full name not too long ago. It's, Kenny Ackerman. Some relative of yours?" Levi now turned to Mikasa.

"I heard that from my parents that my dad's side, The Ackermans, were persecuted in the cities. I never actually found out why the Ackermans were persecuted." Mikasa explained.

"Has there ever been a moment where it felt like a power suddenly awakened in you?" Levi asked.

Mikasa seemed to remember a moment where it happened and was a bit surprised.

"There has."

"Kenny Ackerman had a moment like that too. One time out, of nowhere, he felt an absurd amount of strength surging within him and he knew exactly what to do." Levi explained. "I've felt and experienced those moments too."

Marie realized something as well and nudged Levi's arm.

"I felt the same at certain times. The first time I felt it was when Thomas and Abel died." Marie explained.

Levi nodded but everyone was slightly confused as to why the three of them has felt such moments.

They finally reached the chapel and started to search for hidden details or things.

"Found it. A hidden door." Hange said as they moved the carpet that was over it. "Eren must be in here with the enemy. Hopefully, the layout is like I predicted."

"I can confirm that multiple people are in there. I think over 30 people. I can feel their energies. They don't know that we're here yet but they know an attack is about to happen."

They had special weapons prepared, hoping it would surprise the enemy. Armin fixed the last explosion barrel and told captain Levi that they were ready. Levi stood up and looked at the rest of the group.

"Everyone ready to get their hands dirty? This is about to turn into one nasty battle"