Chapter 2

'Wow....the cherry blossoms are really pretty this year...' [Y/n] thought while looking at the tress aimlessly.

"We will present the new students with their class budget. Incoming valedictorian, Nakiri Erina."

"Here."

"[Y/n]-sama, you're being called next." Maki informed, and [Y/n] nodded. Her friend gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder and went back to get in line. "Incoming salutatorian, Nakiri [Y/n]."

"Here!" [Y/n] said and walked onto the stage. She felt kind of nervous to have all eyes on her.

"Ah, [Y/n]-sama...Adorable as always... If I could go on a date with her for even a single day, I'd die happy." Males cooed over her.

"Idiot! Watch your mouth! You'll get kicked out of the academy!"

"We will now welcome our keynote speaker: the director of Totsuki Academy, Nakiri Senzaemon-sama." Everyone freaked out.

[Y/n] got back to the tent where Erina was. Things were awkward. [Y/n] has spoken to her since she rejected Soma from coming to this school. [Y/n] sat down a couple of seats away from her sister while trying to listen to their grandfather's speech.

"Are you still angry with me?" Erina asked, and [Y/n] huffed, pouting like a child. "You're such a child." She muttered. [Y/n] just stuck her tongue out at Erina.

"Finally, we'd like to introduce one transfer student who'll be joining your ranks today."

[Y/n]'s interest pecked, remembering the red-headed boy. The food he made [Y/n] melt. She loved it. "I'll keep it short and sweet then. Just a couple sentences." She heard his sweet voice, and her eyes filled with hope while Erina was shocked.

"Um, I'm Yukihira Soma. To be honest, this academy's just a stepping stone for me! I wasn't expecting to transfer here, but I don't plan on losing to folks who've never actually served customers. Anyway, what I'm getting at is...Basically, now that I'm here, I'm gonna take the number one spot!" Soma said, and [Y/n]'s eyes widened.

'He's done it now...' [Y/n] thought and giggled, 'But, he might just make thing interesting here.' She could feel the fire of anticipation in the pit of her stomach.

Soma walked off the stage, "Phew, I managed not to bite my tongue." He muttered and noticed the two sisters, "Oh...hey, you're the one from the exam. Uh, Nakiri, right?" Erina was surprised that Soma knew her name, "Oh, and [Y/n]." He noticed that [h/c] haired girl and she smiled at him.

"Man, that was nerve-wracking. It's not like I've ever had to stand up to get awards and stuff like that. How was I? Was I weird?"

"Who cares about that?! Yukihira-kun! Why are you here?!" Erina yelled.

"Huh? Why?" Soma questioned and reached into his jacket pocket. He pulled out an acceptance letter, "Wouldn't you come if you got an acceptance letter?"

"How?" Erina questioned, and [Y/n] gave a questioning look. 'If Nee-chan didn't accept him...then who...?' [Y/n] thought. "Man, you had me scared shitless. You said it was disgusting. If it was good, you shoulda said so." Soma said.

"No!" Erina flipped her hair over her shoulder, "I'll say one thing! I haven't accepted you! Neither you, nor your cooking! This is a mistake! A mistake, okay! you came here to Totsuki because there was a mistake! Taking the number one spot? Don't make me laugh. Everyone who's been a student since junior high has been learning cutting-edge gastronomy! I can already tell that an outsider transfer student like you wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of beating them!" She began to walk past him.