From Now On

When eating with the Edwards', Charlie noticed that Crystalia wasn't there. He dismissed it, telling himself she was fine and that it was good she wasn't there, as he wished to avoid her. But even after dinner, when all of them had gone to work and it was just him and Viola, he noticed there still wasn't a sound from Crystalia. He was scared to ask Viola where she was, worried that she'd find out about how he fell for her years ago.

"I've got a date, but Crystalia is too young to be left alone. That's why I asked you over. My parents know this. I told Crystalia my friend would take care of her, and she screamed that she's not a baby and ran to her room," 

Charlie felt his throat close. She hadn't asked him! He nodded, scared that if he didn't, he'd get in trouble. His mentor could be pretty snappish.

"Thanks," 

She gave him a quick hug and ran out of the manor, leaving him all alone. He gulped, wiping his sweaty palms on his jeans and headed towards the room that he'd first met Crystalia in. The door was ajar, and he could see her scrolling through music on her laptop.

"Nice music choice," he told her, and she jumped.

"Than - oh, it's you,"

"You remember me?"

"I think so. Charlie Weasley, right?"

"That's me,"

"Why'd you never come back?"

"I never got invited,"

"That's a lie. I always ask Vi when you're coming back. She always says she's invited you but you rejected her offer,"

"Maybe there's someone I wanted to avoid,"

"Is it me? You don't like me?!" 

"No!" 

"So you don't like me?"

"Yes, I like you!"

"But you just said no,"

"I said no because you said I didn't like you!"

"Was it me you wanted to avoid?"

"Of course not,"

"Are you sure?"

"Maybe it was,"

"Why?"

"Because I didn't want to fall in love with a child. You're really young and I'm an adult, and I fell for you day one. I avoided ever coming back so I never had to feel those feelings again. But I never stopped thinking about you, Crystalia. I never stopped,"

"You fell in love with me?"

"I did. And I hate myself for it, because you're nothing but a child,"

"You think I'm NOTHING?!"

"No! I think you're a child! I phrased that wrongly!" 

"I fell in love with you too. That's why I kept asking Viola when you were coming back,"

"I see,"

The pair fell silent, neither of them knowing what to say.

"You could be my boyfriend," Crystalia suggested. He raised his eyebrows.

"People won't like that. You're 14, I'm 20."

"Oh shut up, age is just a number. Nobody will find out until my 17th birthday, and they can't do anything then,"

"Your father could fire me!"

"Oh, grow up! We'll come to that when it matters most!"

"You're ready to risk this?"

"Depends. Are you?"

"I'm ready if you are,"

"Then I'm ready too,"

//

Note: This is purely for fanfic purposes, I do NOT support adults dating minors!