Chapter 1 - Thats Low Dude

NOBODY'S POV:

"Camila! Someone is at the door!" Dinah yelled rushing down the stairs. Camila and dinah rented an apartment together in San Francisco. It was quite pricey but they managed... sometimes. It wasn't a big apartment. Two bed rooms, one bathroom, living room and kitchen.

"Dinah, can you get it?! I need to finish making maddie's lunch for school!" Camila yelled from the kitchen.

"Dont need one, mom! Its half a day I'll be back home at one" maddie came walking down the stairs.

The doorbell rang again making Camila huff "dinah!"

"On it!" The tall polynesian yelled jogging over to the door in her sweats and hoodie. When she opened the door her eyes wide at who she saw.

The apartment's owner stood infront of her with a soft smile. He wore glasses, button up shirt, and dark blue Jean's. The man was in his early 60's. "Hi Mr. Johnes. What brings you here on this lovely Wednesday morning?" Dinah said casually but she knew something was up.

"I would like to speak to you and camila if that's okay? It's about your monthly payment" he said trying not to make a big deal.

"One sec..." dinah said putting a finger up. She turned around and saw maddie looking at her confused "get your mom... now"

Maddie nodded and walking into the kitchen "dinah needs you like right now" she said pushing her mother to the door.

"I'm coming. Oh Mr. Johnes, hi?" Camila said looking at dinah with worried eyes.

"Hi camila. So I came by to tell you bad news-"

"Sir we'll get the money to you soon. I'm so sorry we cant pay it now but if you give us until next month-" camila had cut him off but he shook his head making her stop.

Maddie listened from the kitchen that was not far from where the door was. All wall stood between the entrance and kitchen but you could hear there words from anywhere downstairs.

"Camila.. dinah, I'm afraid I can't give you anymore time. You've been three months behind payment. I cant give you anymore time. There are more people in town this week for the new position at Jauregui Corp and there looking for places to live, who can actually pay on time." Mr. Johnes said with a small huff "I'm sorry girls, but if I dont get the full three months worth of money by tomorrow morning I'm going to have to make you leave" he said handing them a paper with all there information about the leave notice.

He handed them another paper "this is how much you owe. Bye, girls." He said with a sad smile walking away from the entrance to there home.

"Camila... how much do we owe?" Dinah said closing the door and setting the leave notice paper on the table beside the door.

"Four thousand and five hundred dollars. Dinah, we dont have enough to pay this off. We dont get our pay checks until next friday and we still wont be able to pay it off even if we put everything into it." Camila closed her eyes as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

Dinah brought the smaller girl into her arms in a hug. "Its gonna be okay, we can figure it out"

What they didnt know maddie heard everything from the kitchen. Her eyes filled with worry as her mother and aunt dont know what they were going to do about the apartment or even after. There was nothing she could do. Maddie heard her her alarm to leave the house ring bringing her back from her thoughts "mom! We need to leave!" Maddie grabbed her bag and appeared by the entrance just as her mom amd aunt hid the papers.

"Okay, uhm.... let's get going then! Dinah I'll see you later! Stay fresh!"

"Stay breezy, cabello's!" Dinah yelled closing the door after the mother and daughter left the apartment.