chapter 57

Allison Potter pov

The next day, I try to sneak away. It's surprisingly difficult, when I'm not with Willow and the others, I'm with my brother, Remus and Sirius. Finally, after lunch, I'm able to sneak away. Not long after I sneaked away, Regulus finds me.

"Hi, Allison."

"Hi, Reg."

"We need to talk."

"Not here, the walls have ears."

He grabs my hand and leads me to an abandoned classroom. After making sure no one can hear us, I relax. Regulus stares at me and I feel very uncomfortable.

"Allison, what the hell is going on?"

"It's complicated-"

"Like hell!" Regulus says with more venom than I expected. "Your friend was almost raped by me, I need answers." He looks positively sick while he's saying this.

"Dumbledore wants us for some reason to be enemies."

"And what does Lily got to do with this?"

"Lily and I accidentally eaves dropped on Dumbledore. He was talking to himself, luckily for us. Something along the lines of me not being your friend if you raped my best friend."

"But why Lily?"

"I think because she's a muggleborn. If his plan succeeded Lily wouldn't have been able to prosecute you, because of your status. Her parents are muggles and they would have to appear in court-"

"But because they are muggles they won't be allowed in the court. Goddess, this is a mess."

"More like a complete nightmare." I say.

"So why does Dumbledore want us to be enemies?"

"It's just so strange, because if this was meant to be a political move it would make sense if Dumbledore would make me fall out with Sirius ."

"Maybe he thought that it would be pointless to come between Sirius and you, because Sirius and James have a very strong bond."

"Sirius is a bit of a black sheep in your family, isn't he?"

Regulus looks at me bewildered. "Yes?"

"What if he was hoping that with us two falling out and you and Sirius not talking to each other, you would join him. Dumbledore knows that Sirius will never join him so when the time comes and Dumbledore will have the future head of the ancient and most noble house of Black in his pocket."

"I think he underestimates how stubborn Sirius is and if grandfather notices that Siri is in Dumbledore's pocket chances are that the lordship will skip him."

"Not if the next in line gets killed, during skermishes with the aurors and the death eaters." I say a bit grim. He stares at me with horror written on his face. "Isn't it a bit farfetched? We're just children, I mean you're seventeen and I'm only sixteen. Why would Dumbledore and him look at us instead of our parents?"

"Because if the children do something, the parents will do anything to keep them from harm." Interjects another voice.

Regulus and I immediately turn towards the source of the voice. I'm ready to attack him with my wand in my hand. Before us stands Severus, looking quite amused at our actions.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Hisses Regulus.

"I couldn't help, but overhear your conversation."

"Bullshit. I made sure we were alone before I started talking." I say.

"It doesn't matter how I've managed to overhear your conversation or even that I did. What matters is what are you going to do about your unique situation."