Chapter 14

This is a bit of a short chapter for me, but here you go anyway. In this chapter, Belle see's Jacob and it doesn't really end according to how he hoped it would. Thanks for reading! ILYA!

-Belle191

____________________________________________

I swear I had just had a heart attack. The music had stopped and I could only stare as the man I had been taken from stood before me. Jacob had come to Canaan? How did he get here? How did he find this place?

“Belle! Get away from him! He’s dangerous!” Jacob ran up and ripped me out of Pitario's arms. He didn’t super speed run, which I understood because Trazellda had told me that Awakener’s cannot use their powers here. He just held me behind him. God he had a tight grip.

“Jacob! He’s not dangerous! Let me go!”

“Stay away from him! He won’t hesitate to kill you!” Jacob replied. Pitario and Jacob were shooting daggers through their eyes at each other. Oh god. I wriggled free of his grip and ran to Pitario.

“He wouldn’t hurt me let alone kill me! He’s my… friend. He’s kind, and sweet, Jacob. And he wouldn’t lie to me either,” I gestured.

“What are you talking about?” he asked.

“You lied to me Jacob. Viacon’s aren’t our enemies. Yes they kill Awakener’s sometimes, but you are of the same type. Specialities need to bind together now. Despite what has happened in the past, we do not need a conflict between Viacon’s and Awakeners because we already have the war that’s coming to worry about.” There was silence. Jacob looked slightly amazed as he thought over what I had said.

“Jacob, I know that I’ve loved you before. And I’m sorry that I don’t feel that way now,” I could feel myself tearing up.

“Why did you choose me?” I asked him.

“What do you mean?” he asked. I knew he already knew what I meant.

“Why did you choose me?” I asked a little more sternly.

“When I discovered my abilities, I was told that I needed to protect you. At first, I thought that it wouldn’t last long. I didn’t really want to have to worry about you. But then as we got older, I started to like you. But I never felt that connection everyone else kept telling me about. The night of your crash, I was supposed to drive you home from the mall, but you insisted on walking, though it was a two hour long walk. I had given up on trying to protect you. You were old enough to protect yourself. Then I heard you were in a car crash and I knew I should have kept you close to me. It’s my fault you almost died.”

“So, no one knows who was in the car with me? Haven’t they traced the number plate or something?”

“When the police found the car, the number plates were gone and there was no evidence at all in the car to suggest you was there.”

“There’s always evidence. So, you never really loved me?”

“I did! At least, I thought I did. But then you forgot all about me and couldn’t remember.”

“That’s because the love I felt for you tied in with the memories of you, so when I lost my memories, I lost the love. But the love was never strong, was it?” I asked. Jacob thought for a moment.

“No… I’m sorry. But fate had plans for you. A chance to begin again!”

“Yes. To begin again… Why are you here?” I asked.