↳ CHAPTER III

03. dream a little dream

 dream a little dream

☆☆☆

AMALIE SMILED CONTENTLY as she walked towards the Prefect's bathroom.

"Ackerman" A tall boy fell into step beside her.

"Diggory, why are you up right now?" Amalie asked.

"I could ask the same of you" Cedric raised an eyebrow.

Amalie shrugged, "I felt like taking a bath"

"It's almost midnight" Cedric tilted his head.

"Whatever. I'm taking advantage of my prefect amenities. Your turn" Amalie said as she turned into the bathroom.

"Well, I'm on patrol tonight" Cedric replied.

"Patrol the first night back? Oo, sucks" Amalie chuckled.

"I don't mind... Anyways, I'll leave you to it," Cedric nodded at Amalie. Amalie waved bye to the boy.

"Oh!" Cedric turned around quickly, "It was your birthday yesterday, right?"

Amalie nodded, "How'd you know?"

"Mutual friend" Cedric shrugged, "Happy birthday, Amalie"

Amalie returned a genuine smile, "Thank you... Goodnight, Cedric"

After a long quiet relaxing bath, Amalie made her way back to her dormitory and prepared for bed. Amalie only realized how exhausted she was when she finally wrapped her blanket around herself and settled in for the night.

"Goodnight, Mali" Alyx called out.

"Night" Amalie hummed before drifting off to sleep.

°°°

"You had one job, Draco," Lucius said through gritted teeth as his hands, gripping the edge of the table, whitened. 

"I did do my job! It didn't work. The potion that you brewed didn't work" Draco scoffed.

"The potion was brewed perfectly" Narcissa shook her head, "But it's not your fault either, Draco. I went back after the attack and checked the contents of her cup"

"And?" Draco asked.

"Amalie's cup was in fact brimmed with the potion that you placed there" Narcissa nodded.