↳ CHAPTER IV

04. boys are insufferable

 boys are insufferable

☆☆☆

september 9th, 2004

AMALIE WAS TERRIBLE at confrontation. She prided herself in being an extremely strong, powerful, and brilliant witch... except when it put her in a position of embarrassment or awkwardness. She couldn't stand those moments. This was definitely going to be one of them.

So, a week and many failed confrontations later, Amalie was leaving her last class of the day, Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Moody, mentally preparing herself to confront her long-term boyfriend, hopefully for the last time.

"Did you just have Defense?" A voice drew Amalie out of her thoughts.

"Huh?" Amalie stopped walking.

The older Hufflepuff smiled at her, "You just had a class with Moody, right?"

"Go ahead without me" Amalie told Alyx.

She turned her attention back to Cedric and nodded, "Yeah, he's... an interesting professor. A good one, nonetheless"

"Agreed" Cedric nodded, "So Blackwell asked you to fill for his patrol tonight, yes?"

Amalie perplexedly stared for a moment, before remembering that her male prefect counterpart had asked her to return the many favors he did for her, by swapping night patrols with him. Originally, Amalie was paired with the Ravenclaw sixth year that Blackwell fancied but now, she was partnered with Cedric Diggory.

"You forgot, didn't you?" Cedric laughed.

"Yeah..." Amalie admitted sheepishly.

"It's alright. I just thought you should know that Blackwell usually has patrols with me on Thursday nights. I have a preference for the path we take but if you have one too, I wouldn't mind following yours for the night..." Cedric trailed off, seeing Amalie's amused expression, "What?"

"Diggory, it's really not that serious" Amalie chuckled, "We can take any path you'd like"

"Right... well I'll see you tonight then – That sounded inappropriate" Cedric laughed, "For patrols. I'll see you later for patrols"

Amalie nodded, "See you later, Diggory"

"By the way, call me Cedric" The Hufflepuff began backing up.

"What?" Amalie tilted her head.

"Bye, Amalie" Cedric winked before hurrying off. Amalie laughed to herself as she made her way to the Great Hall for dinner.