he dimly lit room echoed with the desperate pleas of a man kneeling before his boss, each word soaked in fear

"B-boss, I didn't cheat on you," the man stammered, his eyes pleading for mercy.

The boss's cold voice cut through the tension. "I know you almost know me, and the person who betrayed me will be shot by this gun." His chilling threat hung heavy in the air as he raised the gun, pointing it at the cheater's forehead.

"I'll deliver your fuckin' soul to Satan's world." The boss's words were punctuated by the deafening sound of the gunshot. The betrayer fell to the ground, eyes wide open, blood streaming from the fatal wound.

"Make sure no one can see his body," the boss ordered his assistant before exiting the dark room, leaving behind the solitary glow of a hanging bulb.

Returning to his office, he seamlessly transitioned from the ruthless mafia leader to the composed CEO. A devilish smirk played on his lips as memories of encountering a familiar face resurfaced.

"It's been years, but you still have a doll face," he chuckled, savoring the thought of their reunion.

The interruption came in the form of a knock, and a deep voice permitted entry. The door opened, revealing the investigator assistant tasked with unraveling her details.

"Here, boss," the assistant declared, placing a folder on the table. The boss wasted no time opening it, absorbing the contents with an unreadable expression.

After a moment of contemplation, he folded the folder and set it back on the table. A victory smile adorned his face as he addressed his assistant.

"What's the next move, boss?" the assistant inquired, a daring edge to his tone.

The boss's smile widened as he uttered the ominous plan once more. "Kidnap her."

Days pass, and I find myself in a constant state of alertness

Days pass, and I find myself in a constant state of alertness. Every moment is filled with the fear of being discovered, the fear of him finding me and taking me back to that life I tried so hard to escape.

Jennie notices the change in me, the anxiety etched on my face. "Lisa, what's going on? You've been acting strange."

I hesitate, debating whether to share the truth. Eventually, I decide to confide in her. "He found me, Jennie. The man from my past, the one I ran away from. He's determined to take me back."

Jennie's eyes widen in shock. "What are we going to do?"

"I don't know, Jennie. But we can't stay here. We have to leave, find a place where he can't reach us," I respond, my voice filled with desperation.

Jennie nods, understanding the severity of the situation. "I'll pack our things. We need to leave as soon as possible."

In the midst of our hurried preparations, I receive a mysterious message on my phone. It's a text from an unknown number, and the words send shivers down my spine.

"Running won't save you. I'm watching."

Fear grips my heart, and I know the message is from him. He's taunting me, letting me know that there's no escape.

As we hastily exit the house, a black van pulls up beside us. The sliding door opens, and a group of masked men step out, surrounding us.

"Lisa Manoban, you can't run forever," a voice echoes from the shadows.

Jennie and I are frozen in place, the realization sinking in that escape might not be an option this time. The masked men advance towards us, and just as the tension reaches its peak, a sudden commotion erupts from the other side of the street.

A rival group appears, engaging in a fierce confrontation with the men sent to capture me. Gunshots echo through the night, and chaos ensues.

Seizing the opportunity, Jennie and I run in the opposite direction, weaving through the labyrinth of alleys. We find temporary refuge in the anonymity of the bustling city, but the looming threat remains.

The dangerous game intensifies, the stakes escalating with each passing moment. As I glance over my shoulder, I can't shake the feeling that the web of fate has grown even more intricate, entangling us in a relentless struggle for freedom and survival.

Little do I know that the shadows of the past are about to catch up with me, and the choices I make in this perilous dance will determine the course of our fate.