Halloween feast

Abigail was up already, even though it was an early Sunday morning. The black-haired girl was standing in front of the mirror, admiring her black dress. It was Halloween day and Abigail always liked the pumpkins and the vibes of these feasts. She adjusted her black robe and smirked, putting her same coloured cape on her shoulders. The Slytherin girl shook her hand and grabbed her wand. "I look like.." She started, but got distracted because Najide screamed quietly behind her. Abigail turned. "Did I scare you..?" she asked nervously and turned to her like Snape would. The blonde crossed her arms. "What did you think? You look like just professor Snape and I almost thought he broke in!" she raised her voice, followed by a smirk. Abigail shook and waved her hand. "My costume is indeed fine then, I like this one." She mumbled and stepped away from the mirror, walking towards her notebook. The tall girl was looking inside the pages, getting focused in the words.

"Abigail!" The black-haired girl quickly turned to Najida who was shouting to her. The girl narrowed her eyes. "You look..great" Abigail stated as she glanced over Najida's dress. The blonde girl smirked and ran out of her dormitory. ''Come, I have something to show you!'' she chanted. Abigail sighed and put her notebook down, walking quickly after the third-year girl.

The two girl arrived outside of the castle. The black-haired first-year looked as she would go back, but Najida grabbed her right arm. "Come on!" She ran down the hills, her dress swinging around. Abigail obeyed.

The view quickly became mysterious. "It's the Black lake!" Abigail whispered loudly and stepped back. The blonde girl nodded. "Scared?" she asked with a narrow in her eyes, stepping forward to the lake. It all seemed a parallel. Abigail shook her head "I'm going back to.." She turned and was about to say her last thoughts, but she got bumped into a tall man. Abigail quickly felt who she walked into and quickly stepped back, looking at the potions professor who seemed rather annoyed. "What are you two insolent going out there?" he asked, annoyed, but kept his gaze at Abigail. The first-year girl muttered something before answering. "Najida brought me here, sir." She answered and looked over her shoulder, seeing the third-year being rather annoyed. Snape looked over Abigail again, rather with a questionable look, but glanced at Najida who was walking towards them. "Sir that's not true!" she protested but Snape just adjusted his robe. "Two week detention for you Najida for lying to me and bringing a first-year to the Black lake.. Which is exactly the opposite of your job.." He said, unemotionally, then turned his head to Abigail who was rather confused about everything. Najida indeed lied to everyone but how Snape believed me so quickly? Abigail questioned herself, but felt proud. "detention today" He brushed the words and turned away. Abigail huffed and adjusted her robes annoyed.

The black-haired girl stood there for a second before looking at Najida who was rather annoyed. She felt betrayed and left her, going back to the castle. Her steps were heavy,she went quick. Abigail looked inside and saw carved pumpkins hanging around the hallway. She felt lost and didn't have the time to have detention with Snape this day. Suddenly, Drake Malfoy walked away in front of her, laughing with his friends,who were tall and both of them had black hair. Abigail looked after him and sighed. She looked around and followed them to the great hallway.

She entered the room and looked around, torches, pumpkins and a lot of different foods. She looked for her friends, seeing them being separated she sat with Clemens. Abigail had enough of girls for today. She sighed and looked at the light brown haired boy who just smirked at her. "Had a bad day.. Huh?" He asked softly and crossed his feet. Abigail quietly nodded and ate the pumpkin piece. The Slytherin girl was quiet, but felt the urge to leave. Clemens was quiet too, but kept his gaze on her. Abigail looked at the staff table, looking for Snape if he would be by the dungeons now. She saw Snape nowhere. 'Probably waiting for me' she thought and stood up from her seat. "See you later" She told and pat her friend's shoulder before walking away. Abigail didn't have the time to toss around with her nice dress, she didn't have the mood either which was rare.

She trotted to the dungeons and looked around, looking for Snape's room. Abigail stepped down from the stairs. She suddenly felt someone behind her. 'Why does he have to be behind me.. Like always' she thought, annoyed as she turned around, her cape swinging with her. She narrowed her eyes kindly. Snape seemed calm and collected, but still scary and monotone. "Child" He stated and started to walk in the dungeon's hall. Abigail followed him, trusting every step of him. They walked for a minute in silence. Snape's hand behind himself, keeping his cape flowing behind him, same for Abigail. They looked similar, but Abigail didn't notice that. Soon she chuckled as Snape didn't let her inside first, but bursted the dark door and he stepped in. 'What professors say in these situations" Abigail murmured quietly, but kept her annoyance in silence.

The room was dark, Abigail felt as her spine shivered, the cauldrons were on the left with bookcases and a comfy seat. On the right Snape already sat down, his desk was rather small for all the parchment he had. The girl shook her head and silently closed the door, sitting down in front of Snape. "Why did you call me in?" Abigail asked, examining the tests the professor was marking. Snape stopped writing which he rarely does at detentions. He raised his head. "Be careful with Miss Najida. She's cunning and helps everyone.. But don't let her control you." He spoke in a weird voice Abigail never heard. She nodded and kept silent. Why would Najida control her? What was wrong with all these things? She had many questions,but was scared to ask Snape yet, he seemed to know Najida though. "Why is the Black lake dangerous?" The girl asked, crossing her arms quietly. The professor went back to correcting the parchments. "You don't want to know." He monotoned. Abigail leaned a bit closer with a curious look. "Isn't it the lake which has dangerous Grindylows, Selkies and giant squids living in it?" Snape flinched. "Also it is known to be very cold and deep...no?" Abigail continued, stating everything she memorized. Snape looked back at the parchment. "Right." He told her.

"Halloween night is starting soon but you are a first-year, you can choose if you want to go to the younger students to.. Dance or something" Spoke Snape after a minute of silence. Abigail raised her head from a book and smirked. "I will go." She stated and saw Snape wave something. She understood that her quiet detention was over. Abigail felt weird after she stepped outside of Snape's quarter, he was different around her which made her uncomfortable. She sighed and adjusted her robes and cape.

**Ah guys it's kinda bad sorry! I haven't been in the Snape community for long and I'm sorry! Anyways it's quarantine so I'll try to be active. Star and Comments appreciated! ❤**