End Of Summer Break

A/N- i know i said i was gonna do chapters with background info put into short stories but im gonna do something a big difference. So please enjoy this chapter that im already having writer's block on.

                                                                                           ...

"Kris honey hurry up your going to be late," Kris's mother had called from the lower floor of their flat. It was a couple weeks before the start of term and Kris was packing her things to spend what little time she had left of summer at the burrow. Kris packed her things into a backpack which she had placed on extension charm on. She grabbed her broom and beater bat and began to race down the stairs. 

"KRIS" Kris's mother Hestia had called her at least 5 times in the last 3 minutes. "I'M COMING MUM. I NEED TO GRAB MY QUIDDITCH GEAR" Kris called back. Quidditch was important to Kris. It was practically her life. Her father, James, was a chaser for the gryffindor team. Kris had wanted to follow her in father footsteps, hoping it would bring her closer to him. 

Kris was a beater for the Slytherin team. She had originally joined the team as an extra chaser, in case one of the other players got injured. But in her fourth year the twins had taught her how to use a beater bat and showed her some of their 'special moves' as they call it. 

Kris ran down the stairs, her bag struggling to stay on her shoulder. She ran to the fire place darting straight past her mother. "Hold up. Walk your 'to good for mum' arse back here" Kris's mother called from the kitchen. 

Kris ran back into the kitchen of her flat and gave her mum a quick peck on the cheek and ran off. She ran into the fire place and grabbed a handful of floo powder. "The Burrow" She announced, hoping that her broom would be able to travel by floo powder with her. 

Seconds later she appeared in a fireplace in a house full of bright colors and people with bright red hair. "KRIS!" As soon as Kris stepped out of the floo powder covered fireplace she was tackled by two tall red head boys. She couldn't even see the brightly colored walls of the Burrow. All she could see was fluffy red orange hair and gigantic boy arms.

Mrs. Weasley approached the mass of red headed boys and crushed girl and hit the two boys with a wad of newspaper, yelling at them to get off the poor girl. Kris jumped to her feet and brushed herself off. "If i had known i was going to be attacked by bears i would have put on my quidditch gear before i came," she stated, laughing along with her words.

The twins looked at her and stuck their tongues out in a childish way. While Kris and the twins were having a 'petty squabble' the youngest Weasley child, Ginny, took Kris's bag and proceed to carry it to her room which her and Kris would be sharing. 

Just then another Weasley boy walked into the house, his face and fingers covered with small gmone bites and his clothes dirt-ridden. The boy had his head down and seemed to be muttering to himself. "Oi Percy!" Kris shouted. "You gonna say hi to your favorite person in the world?" Instead of a response, what she got from Percy was an eye roll and an "your not my favorite person" screamed back at her. 

Kris and Percy had been bickering with each other since they first met in Kris and the twins first year. Kris always thought of their interactions as 'fun mini arguments with my best friends brother' while Percy was extremely annoyed by the little comments Kris would make about his hair or outfit or pretty much anything else. 

Ginny had ran back down the stairs and called for Kris to come and join her in their room. Kris, struggling to escape the strong grasp of Fred and George, followed after ginny and into her room. She began to unpack her things when she was greeted by an all too familiar face.