the announcement

The train stopped and the 4 looked out the window. "we're here" Lee said, face pressed against the window. The 4 scrambled out of the compartment and out of the train. They walked along the path and to the carriages. 

Kris looked up at the carriage that her and the boys were approaching. "I wonder what enchantment they use to get the carriages to pull themselves" Kris walked alongside the carriage and stepped inside.

"Come on. Lets just go im starving," George blurted out. The others chuckled and climbed inside the carriage. "Didn't you eat like half the trolley," Fred responded, earning a laugh from the whole cart, including a couple of people boarding the next carriage 

                                                                ...

The three talked about quidditch and other things for most of the ride. Kris looked behind her and saw another carriage behind them. "Look its Harry, Ron, and Hermione!" Kris pointed at the carriage behind them. 

"What are they talking about" Fred looked at his friends. 

"Maybe, we can use what their saying to our strengths and pull a massive prank!" George blurted out. Kris glared at George, and Lee had to put his hand over his mouth to stop himself from laughing. 

"I mean, lets see what our dear little brother is talking about to see if we can help him in any possible way," George said, shrinking into his seat. 

Lee smiled and pointed to a girl sitting in the carriage with Harry, Ron, Hermione, and someone who looked like they were Neville. "Look its Looney," he said with a laugh. 

The boys all laughed while Kris just starred. "Looney?" she said questiongly. 

"Yeah"

"That's what everyone calls her"

"Because she's ya know"

"Looney" The twins spoke in turns, only talking in sync when saying "Looney" 

Kris slapped both the twins shoulders, giving them an almost deathly glare. 

The 4 talked the whole carriage ride. They talked about quidditch, who would be burdened with the Defense Against The Dark Arts position, and what kind of pranks they would pull and who they would pull them on. 

They talked for so long, they didn't even realize they had arrived at the school. They exited their carriages, once they had gotten close enough to the school, and walked in. Kris looked around as she remembered all the fun things she did with the boys in the corridors they passed. She couldn't believe that it was already her last year at Hogwarts. It seemed like only yesterday she was putting muggle itching power in Flints bed and dropping a toad down Roger Davies pants.

They gathered into the great hall, Kris sitting at the Gryffindor table, despite the fact that she was a slytherin. Kris sat in between Fred and George, Lee sitting across from her.  

Professor Dumbledore began to quiet everyone down as they entered the great hall. He began to go on, explaining where was off limits, and new rules for the year. The first years then began to be sorted. Kris remembered her sorting like it was yesterday. 

-flashback start-

Kris walked into the great hall for the first time. The ceiling a dark blue, looking the same as the sky outside. She followed the rest of her classmates to the front of the dining hall. She saw an old hat sitting on a stool. "The sorting hat!" she thought. Kris's mother had told her about the sorting hat, how it sees who you are and sorts you into a house based on the traits you possess. 

Kris waited and waited until her name was finally called. "Kaylee Potter!" cried an old women. A women Kris suspected to be Professor Mcgonagall. She had taught her mother when she attended hogwarts. Kris walked up to the hat, smiling so hard it began to make her cheekbones hurt.

The women placed the hat onto Kris's head. She began to hear a voice. She wasn't sure if the voice was coming from inside her head, or if someone was whispering into her ear. 

"Interesting" claimed the hat. "I sense courage. Yes yes, and bravery. But your sneaky, cunning i dare say." Kris listened as the hat continued to whisper into her ear. She was nervous and excited. She couldn't wait to be sorted. She hoped that her and her new ginger friends would be sorted into the same house. Mid-thought the hat made its decision. 

"SLYTHERIN" the hat called out. Kris smiled and walked over to the slytherin table, where she was greeted with cheers and claps. That's when she met Adrian Pucey, the boy who had been called right before her. She quickly made friends with the boy, but when she realized her new friends had been sorted into Gryffindor, she felt herself saden, but tried to cheer up at the arrival of the food, which had magically appeared on the table. 

-flashback end-

Once the first years were sorted, food appeared on the table. Rolls, chicken, soups, all different kinds of foods were stacked on the golden plates. 

Before anyone could start eating, Dumbledore began to announce something. He began to welcome Professor Grubb who would be taking the stop of Care Of Magical Creatures while Hagrid was on temporary leave. He then mentioned a new Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher. 

"This is it," Fred elbowed George, reaching across Kris to do so. Kris rolled her eyes and the 3 turned their attention back to their professor. 

"Professor Dolores Umbridge," Dumbledore said. The professor was about to continue with his speech when he was interrupted by a women wearing pink. "Umbridge" Kris thought to herself.

The women got up and made her way to Professor Dumbledore's podium. The women began to speak. She thanked Dumbledore for his 'kind words' and proceed to continue her words, dragging on a speech more boring than Professor Dumbledore's usually were.

"I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends," she started, her hands held together in front of her.

"That's likely" the twins said at the same time, Kris letting out a small laugh while continuing to watch the overly pink woman. 

The women began to ramble on about how the Ministry cared for the children, and how each headmaster had brought something different to Hogwarts. 

"Progress, for the sake of progress must be discouraged," she went on. "Let us preserve what must be preserved, prefect what can be perfected, and prune practices that ought to be, prohibited," she ended her words speaking in what was almost a whisper. 

She smiled and made a noise and began to walk back to her chair. Professor Dumbledore stared for a moment, confused at what just happened, before he began to clap. 

The slowly burst into quiet and uncertain claps, no one knowing how to process what she had said. Kris could see Mr. Filch at the entrance doors to the great hall, clapping very enthusiastically. 

Kris rolled her eyes and elbowed the twins and kicked Lee from under the table. 

"I don't know about you lot, but i think that 'Professor Umbridge' is gonna be a bit of a problem for us this year" 

"Yeah. I don't trust her. Something about her just seems, off" Lee replied. 

"Something's always off to you!" George commented. 

The 4 laughed and finished their dinner. When the food had disappeared off the plates the 4 walked back to their common rooms. They all said goodbye when Kris had to go a different way, towards the dungeons, to reach the slytherin common rooms. 

"Goodnight!" the twins shouted from across the hall. 

"Night boys!" Kris replied, as she continued to walk to the dungeons where her dormitory was.

A/N- Sorry i didn't really know how to end this chapter and it's been a little while since i've seen OTP (Order Of The Phoenix) so im really sorry if i get some things wrong. Also sorry if i use some british words in the wrong way. I'm not from England (or Europe) and i don't mean to be disrespectful by using the words wrong. Also i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!