The Christmas Invasion

°☆•°Episode 1: The Christmas Invasion°•☆°

Part One

Emma yelped as the shaking of the TARDIS came to a sudden halt

Assuming they had landed she let go of the console, flexing her stiff fingers before turning to share a sullen glance with Rose. She rubbed at her cheeks to get rid of her tear tracks before chasing after the new Doctor. His long legs were wobbling as he ran towards the doors. He looked like a baby deer attemping to run properly for the first time. "Wait!" She called out to the spiky haired man.

"Here we are then, London. Earth. The Solar System. We did it." The Doctor exclaimed, rushing out the TARDIS, "Jackie. Mickey. Blimey! No, no, no, no, hold on. Wait there. I've got something to say. There was something I had to tell you, something important." He rambled, grabbing onto both their shoulders, standing between the bewildered people, "What was it? No, hold on, hold on. Hold on, shush, shush, shush, shush. Oh, I know! Merry Christmas!"

They watched wide eyed as he collapsed to the ground. Emma rushed out of the TARDIS with Rose right behind her. The brunette fell to her knees beside the Doctor and pulled his head to rest on her lap as she looked him over. "What happened to you?" She mumbled, brushing back his short brown hair.

"Is he alright?" Rose asked, standing behind Emma watching the two with concern.

"He just keeled over!" Mickey exclaimed, "Who is he? Where's the Doctor?"

"This is the Doctor." Emma told him, not looking away from the Doctor's new face. She knew she was in shock. She also knew that the man she was holding tightly was still the Doctor, still her Doctor but she couldn't help but grimace at the pain in her heart and the heavy feeling in her stomach.

Emma felt like kicking herself. Now was not the time to doubt the Doctor. Because that's who the man was.

The Doctor.

"What do you mean, that's the Doctor?" Jackie spoke up, looking over Emma's shoulder, "Doctor who?"

•☆•

Emma breathed out a shaky breath and buttoned up the last button on the pyjamas that Mickey had changed the newly regenerated Timelord into. She straightened his collar and sat back in the chair she placed right by his bedside.

"Here we go, Em." Jackie walked into the room and handed Emma a stethoscope, "Tina the cleaner's got this lodger, a medical student, and she was fast asleep, so I just took it. Though I still say we should take him to hospital."

"We can't." Rose shook her head, pausing in her nervous nail biting. "They'd lock him up. They'd dissect him. One bottle of his blood could change the future of the human race."