Chapter 39

I stayed silent during the ride, trying to make it look as though I didn't know Oliver. If Fyers found out we would both be killed on the spot.

"Were you stationed by the perimeter?" Fyers asked Oliver.

"Yes."

"And your report?"

"Everything's good, sir. No trouble."

Fyers was onto something, if Oliver was able to lie well enough we'd be fine.

"How long have you been stationed here?"

"Just arrived, sir."

Shit, Fyers knows who and when someone comes in. Last I heard he was expecting anyone for months.

"Yes, you do seem rather green." Fyers paused. "Though I don't recall the submarine bringing in a phalanx of new troops lately."

"Submarine? I thought everybody came into the island on the plane."

"Indeed they do."

We're screwed, Fyers knew. Oliver gave himself away. Not only was I cornered, Fyers was going to corner Oliver too.

~~

I walked into the Queen mansion, and made my way to Oliver's room. My dad wasn't going to let up, and I'm sure Tommy would almost kill dad if I wasn't there too. I knocked on his door, and heard a faint come in. I opened the door.

"Hey." I smiled, well tried to at least.

"Is everything alright? You look worried." Oliver asked, noticing my fake smile.

"Not worried, just..." I pause unsure of what to say. "My dad called."

"And how did that go?" Oliver knew of the situation between Tommy and my dad.

"He invited me to dinner, tonight, and I tried to get out of it by saying I was going on a date. Instead of dropping it he invited my date, and, well, now I'm kind of trapped into going." I rambled.

"And I'm your date?" Oliver questioned.

"No, not if you don't want to, it's just he's getting impatient, and I kind of owe him an explanation to where I've been. He doesn't know it's you, I know we wanted to keep things under wraps. I can think of some lie, that you got sick or something. You really don't have to come, I'll-" I was cut off by Oliver.

"Slow down your rambling. And who said I'd say no." Oliver placed his hands on my shoulders. "I agree, it's time we tell our families. The more secret, and lies we have, the harder it is to keep up with them. So, anything I should know about tonight?"

Oliver smiled,and I smiled back. All my worries melted away. He was way too good for me.

"Tommy and Laurel will be there." I said.

"Great, he can't give me the whole you hurt my daughter I hurt you speech." Oliver joked.

I laughed slightly, and pulled Oliver into a hug.

"Thank you." I said.

~~

When we made it where they were keeping Ya Fei. We stood in front of the cells scanning over the prisoners. Fyers stood between Oliver and I.

"See, this is where we detain prisoners prone to running off before I've finished with them." Fyers walked towards Oliver.

Fyers quickly punched Oliver, getting him to the ground. I went to move, but guns were already trained on me.

"Prisoners like you two."

I felt a hard blow to the back of my head, before everything went black.