Chapter 59

Once everything was situated downstairs, in our base, I headed upstairs to find Tommy.

"Hey. How we doing?" I asked walking up to Tommy.

"In the black." He handed me a laptop. "Did the Hoods get their man?"

"Well, we won't be having any problems with Vertigo anymore." I walked up next to him at the bar. "Look, Tommy, I'm sorry."

"I've caught up with bookkeeping and all my notes on the inventory are in there along with a list of suppliers that we use." I was going to say more, but Tommy cut me off.

"Okay." I raised an eyebrow and looked at him. "I don't see why you're telling this."

"This club is important to me, but for you and Oliver it's just a front. You want me to keep this secret, help you be this thing you've become," Tommy's emphasis on thing threw me back slightly. "But you refuse to see me for what I've become. I've got just a bit too much self-respect for that."

Tommy began to walk away.

"I quit." He stepped through the door with his final words.

~~

Our next target was Deadshot. The man killed Diggle's brother, and nearly killed my father. He wasn't going to roam free for any longer. I sat in the bunker watching as Oliver and Diggle sparred. They talked back and forth as they did.

"You feel better?" Oliver asked as Diggle threw a few pouches at the pads on Oliver's hands.

"I'll feel better once we end Deadshot." Diggle said.

Silence fell between the two as Diggle threw more punches.

"We have to end this guy before he makes any more widows out of wives." Diggle broke the silence.

"We will. Diggle, we'll stop him. I promised you both, I'd help you take him down and I keep my promises, but he's on another continent."

"Not anymore." I quickly turned my chair to see Felicity, who quickly sat down at the monitors. "I thought it would be helpful to track A.R.G.U.S.'s manhunt for Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot, so I decrypted their communication logs. Which means, I just hacked a federal agency. Which kind of makes me a cyber terrorist, which is bad because I really don't see myself fitting in well at Guantanamo Bay."

I smiled slightly at her rambling. Even if she didn't know it, she always somehow brought humor to any situation.

"Don't worry, Felicity, they don't send blondes there." I said.

"I dye it actually." She looked at me. "I keep your secret."

"What'd you find?" Diggle asked, tired of waiting.

"Deadshot is scheduled to meet with a potential new client here in Starling City except the potential contract is bogus. Your friend Lyla is setting a trap for him. Lawton took the bait." Felicity pulled up a tab on the computer.

"Great. I'll talk to Lyla, see if I can suss out any details." Diggle said.

"Good. I gotta have lunch with Laurel." Oliver added.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"So when did you become, uh, lunch dates with Laurel?" Diggle questioned leaning against a desk.

"One, I'm not having a lunch date with Laurel. Two, we're just friends." Oliver said, then looked at me.

"Friends are good." Felicity added, but her tone said she wanted to say more.

"But?" Oliver picked up on her tone.

"Couldn't you be friends with someone less complicated than your ex-girlfriend, who's your ex-best friend's current girlfriend?"