𝙲𝚑. 𝟼 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙿𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚜𝟼 𝚎𝟻 & 𝟼

"when you get sick, it starts out with a single bacterium... one lone, nasty intruder. pretty soon the intruder duplicates... becomes two. then those two become four... and those four become eight. then... before your body knows it... it's under attack."

you were changing by your cubby when you heard izzie speak to one of the mercy westers.

"oh, hey. you can't put that in there." izzie said nicely.

"oh, they told us to grab a cubby." the small redhead replied.

"yeah, i know. it's just..." izzie tried to explain. "we keep it empty for a reason. can you just take your stuff out?" trying to be as nice as possible. "there are some empty ones over there that you can use."

"i don't think so." the redhead replied being a smart ass.

"look." you tried to intervene, knowing that if you didn't izzie was going to pounce on this girl, shit you would too, but you have important things on the line such as your job. "don't be a smart ass, just take your stuff out of the cubby, and go find a new one." to most people that would've seemed rude, but seeing as you're genuinely are not a nice person, this is as 'nice' as they're gonna get.

"i said take it out." iz spat, her patience going thin.

The redhead looked at izzie, to you, then to her friend "great. i got the crazy ones next to me."

you looked at her with a smug look on your face, laughing to yourself "oh, just you wait little red."

"oh, you want to fight? 'cause i will." izzie says standing up, while you try to hold in your laughs.

"izzie. iz ." alex walks in trying to calm his wife down.

"i'll fight you. you're pretty tiny." she says as they get in each other's faces. "i could take you down in just a couple of seconds."

"come on. come on." alex says pulling her away.

you lean in close to the redhead. "if you talk to me or my friends like that ever again, you'll really see crazy." you whisper to threateningly, watching her face drop, before grabbing your lab coat and walking out of the residents lounge.

you were in meredith's room with cristina, sitting on the couch when alex walked in.

"tell me everything. did you beat them? did you kick their asses? come on. i want a full report. everything that happened." meredith badgered.

"izzie left me." alex said.

"alex" you said, quickly sitting up on the couch.

"she wrote a note and she left me. i... i don't--i don't--i don't know if she's coming back." he said stuttering as you, meredith, and cristina all looked at each other.

"wh-what do you mean, she left? where did she go?" meredith asked

alex chuckles staying silent, although there was no humor in it.

before meredith even mentions it you're up on your feet, hugging alex tightly, as he silently cried in your shoulder.

"in order to get a good diagnosis... doctors have to constantly change their perspective. we start by getting the patients point of view... though they often don't have a clue what's going on. so we look at the patient from every possible angle. we rule things out. we uncover new information... trying to get to what's actually wrong. we're asked for second opinions... hoping we'll see something that others have missed. for the patient, a fresh perspective can mean the difference between living and dying. for the doctor... it can mean you're picking an fight with everyone who got there before you."