The last days of Restraint

Yggdrasil.. The game was the biggest gamble of the new full dive Virtual gaming system. With over one hundred race combinations and fully modular class system to level one hundred it offered freedom in a way that no game has ever been able to, how ever the developers took a real leap of faith with the budding community, they released their full set of tools they used to craft the game from scratch. Now every person could craft and add something new to the game after it was approved by the developers, on launch over ten thousand new ideas were submitted in the first twenty four hours.

The feed back alone caused the game to sky rocket to the top of the world, for the next ten years it dominated the market with a player count numbering in the billions. The game never needed its own expansions as the community came together to make their own, ten full expansions were made and each added a new world for the players to explore and conquer. From this community guilds were formed in the millions for all things you could imagine,  from player versus play to just conquering the non player dungeons and grinding to the top of the leader board.

Many legendary players rose to the top fighting over the number one slot to be recognized as the worlds strongest player. How ever no player ever could obtain the first place slot, for it was held from the start of the game. For ten years this player held this position with fire and blade he carved his way through monster and player alike never stopping on his ever quest to be know as the undefeated king of swords.

Who is this mythic player?

He is Runeon Hawken, guild leader of knights immorta the number one roleplay and Player versus environment guild to ever exist. The guild only had a grand total of six true members who stay loyal to its creed for the full ten years of its long career,  these five members went with Runeon every were and help in the creation of the Guild weapon known as the 'Hearts Remain'. This weapon was the greatest long sword ever made by the player base being above a world tier piece of equipment it could kill the gods of Yggdrasil, and kill them it did, for in the hands of the sword king no foes stood longer then one minute.

For ten years the entire player base chased after the knights to have the chance to kill and take the god slaying blade for them selves, in the end not a single soul even touched the handle of the blade except its true wielder Runeon. From this never ending conflict bore the guild stronghold of Angelus Roma, and also spawned the player created race and now new NPC race, The Blood Elves. This race was once an exclusive reward for only the Alpha players of the game before release, it was then locked behind the hardest dungeon ever crafted in game. A dungeon only the knights of immorta cleared, after Runeon Hawken was crowned the king of the blood elves and had his race changed.

From that point the first place slot of the entire game amd world was held for ever by the crimson king and the blood elven empire that surrounded the guild hall and self made dungeon of the knights immortal. They became the idols of the gaming world entire guilds formed to defend them so they could focused on their true tasks of PVE, while entire guilds were formed
To hunt down the members of the number one guild and take from them everything. Now after ten years at being at the top the greatest player of the world now sits silently on his throne with his NPC Guards and servants.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I looked out on the throne room hall with its vaulted ceiling made of polished crimson red cut stones with Marble columns supporting the roof, a single silk cloth carpet lay on the floor rectangle in shape stretching from the grand oak double doors standing sixty feet tall.

Men and women of the blood elven people stood in full plate armor adorned with royal golden ivy encrusted into the black armor plates, each had a cape hanging from clasps mounted on the coller of the breast plate each emblazoned with the personal symbol of the crimson Guard the elite NPC's that Guarded my person and the royal members of court. Each was armed with their personal weapons of choice how ever all had tower shields in the kite shape, as well as swords and ranged weapons. One was stationed along each column along the silk carpet leading to the throne, besides me on my right knelt my personal NPC's I wrote and crafted for my self.