Chapter 7

BROKEN DREAMS CLUB
☽ ✮ ☾

AFTER THE COPS LEFT, THE THREE TEENS WENT BACK INTO THE ROOM

AFTER THE COPS LEFT, THE THREE TEENS WENT BACK INTO THE ROOM. The safe was obviously empty which disappointed the boys. Then they went back to the boat and joined Pope and Kiara.

"Well, that was fun," JJ remarked sarcastically. He then chuckles. "Could have warned us sooner, though."

"We would have," Kiara told them. "But, Pope was on the math team."

"You were on the math team?" JJ asked to Pope.

"The cops took everything like it was a crime scene," Pope told, ignoring the previous comments on the math team. "Well? Did you guys find anything?" He questioned the three teens.

"Did we find anything?" JJ said before digging into his pockets, "No I don't think so. Oh, yeah, we did." He said and took a stack of cash and a gun out of his pockets, so everyone could get a good look. He grinned widely at his friends.

"What the hell?" exclaimed Kiara and Pope. "Dude, what?"

"Dude, chill. Come on." JJ said standing up and walking over to Pope.

"Why would you take that from a crime scene?" Pope asked in disbelief.

"It's better than the cops having it," JJ told them.

"You're serious?" asked Kiara in disbelief.

"It's best if the cops who know how to use a gun have it over an idiot like you," told Hope irritated at the boy.

He looked at the girl and rolled his eyes at her. JJ then looked back at Pope who complained. "I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship."

At this point, Pope was starting to panic, and breathe heavily. "Hey, hey, hey. Sh, sh, sh, sh, sh." JJ stopped the boy from panicking too much by holding the gun to his lips. "At least you have us, right?"

"JJ," Hope complained. "You don't hold a gun so near someone's face, especially someone who is on the breach of having a panic attack on top of that"

Pope complained, "I'm living a nightmare."

"It's going to be okay, Pope," said Hope softly to the boy, she shrugged her shoulders. "It's not like we did anything wrong "

☽ ✮ ☾

"Who's that?" JJ questioned a girl when they were back on land. There were paramedics and a body. Hope furrowed her eyebrow as she smelled the body from afar, it was the same smell she had smelled previously when they were near the drunken boat.