Chapter 8

BROKEN DREAMS CLUB
☽ ✮ ☾

POPE HAD CONVINCED HER TO COME TO THE KEGGER, EVEN IF SHE DIDN'T WANT TO AT FIRST

POPE HAD CONVINCED HER TO COME TO THE KEGGER, EVEN IF SHE DIDN'T WANT TO AT FIRST. Parties weren't really her thing, even when she was at the Salvatore boarding house. And on top of that, she didn't know anybody here except Pope and his group of friends. But since she was his cousin and apparently involved in this because she was there when they found the boat, Pope told her she had to come.

But she still felt like she was intruding when she was with the pogues. And it was a long time since she had friends, she didn't really know how to have friends. Right now, Kiara was talking to some of a boy, while Pope was trying to flirt with a girl. Hope chuckled when he weirded out the girl by discussing dead bodies. JJ was kissing some girl and he looked the most intoxicated from the group of friends. And then there was John B who was by a Keg filling people cup's up.

Hope was sitting on the beach with a boy who wouldn't leave her alone. She didn't listen to him but he didn't look bothered by this. She was starting to get annoyed by him and wanted to cut his tongue out. He leaned closer to her to kiss her, clearly not understanding she wasn't interested. She pushed him carelessly and he fell on the ground before he could even touch her.

She grinned proudly and started to leave, but he grabbed her by the arm. "Hey, you bitch!"

Hope rolled her eyes, she was going to break his arm or something when John B immediately came, breaking them apart. "Hey man, she's clearly not interested."

"Did we ask you something? No so fuck off." the boy responded angrily. Hope could see that John B, started to get angry and that it would soon turn into a conquest of toxic masculinity. Before they could fight, Hope threw her drink at the boy. He yelled at her and looked like he wanted to hit her. With one quick movement from Hope, the boy was once again on the floor groaning in pain.

"Take this as a lesson about consent, you ass," Hope told the boy furiously. She started to walk away, and John B followed her. "I don't need saving, John."

"I can see that," commented John B with a chuckle. "How do you know how to do that?"

Hope shrugged her shoulders. "I'm good at sports and took some self-defense class."

Knowing how to fight was a must-have for Mikaelsons, and after she had been processed by the hollow she felt weak. So learning how to fight mad ever feel stronger, besides she couldn't always depend on her magic. And she liked punching people. It was a stress relief.

"That was cool, like really badass." he complimented her. "Do you want a drink since you know you had to teach that jackass a lesson?"