Chapter 9

BROKEN DREAMS CLUB
☽ ✮ ☾

HOPE HAD SPENT THE NIGHT WATCHING OVER JOHN B WITH JJ

HOPE HAD SPENT THE NIGHT WATCHING OVER JOHN B WITH JJ. Hope had fallen asleep on JJ's shoulders, as his head rested on hers. They were both awoke by John B shaking them.

"Wake up love birds."

"Crap, John B," mumbled JJ irritated.

"How are you? Does your face hurt? Or you're head because you could have a concussion and-" Hope immediately asked as she woke up.

"Chill, I'm fine Hope calm down." John B responded. He smiled, with a victorious smirk at JJ, who rolled his eyes in response.

"You were beaten up pretty badly and almost drown just yesterday." Hope reminded him. And he was human on top of that, they were fragile things.

John B shrugged his shoulders. "This is nothing, I had worse."

"Hell yeah." JJ high-fived him.

"I have some healing cream for the bruises, and it can help with the pain. I can bring it to you."

John B shrugged his shoulders. "Sure if that makes you feel better."

"Well it would make you look better because you look like shit," said JJ.

John B chuckled dryly. "Ah, ah good one."

☽ ✮ ☾

Afterward, Hope came back with the cream she proposed to John B and found the group of friends on the porch of his house. They told her to come to join them which she did.

"Look, I'm calling it off. All right?" John B told his friends while Hope put some healing cream on his bruise. He winced as she touched a bruise. "Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS." continued John B.

"And you believed her?" JJ questioned him incredulously.

"Yes, I believed her, JJ." John B told his friend.

"Why would she lie?" asked Hope. She guessed cops weren't trustworthy around here.

"Because she's a cop Hope!" told her JJ. "An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop," he mumbled while throwing a rock into the water.

"All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple of days, and she'll help me out. And it doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun." John B told JJ in an accusatory tone.