Fifty Six | Mist

Zahra POV

We just finished the photoshoot and interview with GQ and are currently at the set of Killian's other interview. The chair next to the host is empty as the host of the show introduces Killian. Soon Killian walks out and sits down next to him, waving at the audience.

"Let's talk about your career first." The host, Dave says and Killian nods, moving a rebel curl behind his ear. "First off, congratulations on your win."

"Thank you." Killian laughs as the audience claps, cheering happily.

"How did you celebrate? And how does it feel to win, surely it must have been a big deal to you."

"We had a little party that night but the real thing was we ran around the streets of Madrid celebrating and dancing with the fans. And yes, it was. I never thought a young kid who played football in the streets of Madrid with his friends would win the world cup. It's a surreal."

"Sounds like you had a lot of fun growing up." The host laughs, earning a nod from Killian. "A video of you and Zahra has been leaked recently, and she appears to have a ring on her left hand. I mean, the world found out about you guys dating a few months ago."

"Actually, I was shopping, not here but in Madrid, when I saw that ring. I knew she'd love it so I proposed." Killian laughs, pausing. "I'm just kidding. I didn't but I'm sure it's gonna happen one day."

After another series of questions about his football career, Dave invites Killian to take part in the quiz and games the show.

<<·>> <<·>> <<·>>

I stare at the beach and get lost in the scene, mesmerized by the way the waves crash against the shore. I take in a deep breath and close my eyes.

"What a hectic day." Killian sighs.

"Close your eyes and let go of every negative feeling and energy."

I keep whispering encouraging words, answering his questions from time to time while guiding him. I sit there, watching his chest rise with every breath he takes. After a while, he opens his eyes and locks eyes with me, visibly relaxed.

"How are you feeling?"

"A lot better, thank you." He replies with a smile.

I nod and tug at his hand, pulling him in my arms and we stay like that, nobody making a move to let the other go.

Killian POV

I log off Twitter, placing my phone in my pocket before walking down the stairs and strolling into the kitchen. To my surprise, I see Zahra sitting at the little table in the corner, her laptop in front of her on a video call. I make my way to the fridge and take out a bottle of water before settling in the seat next to hers. I look at Zahra, silently questioning her with my eyes.

She smiles and turns her laptop around. "That's my aunt Nuri. Say hi."

"Hi, I'm Killian."

Her aunt eyes me curiously as if assessing me before averting gaze towards her niece. "Zahra, why didn't you tell me your boyfriend was THE Killian Ferreira?"

"It's not like you see it somewhere."

"I still wanted to hear it from you!" Nuri argues back.

Zahra looks at me as if pleading me to help her. I look away, chuckling lowly at her pout. It's truly amusing to see her flustered and nervous, it's not a sight I often get to see so I might as well enjoy it. "Anyways, as I was saying, we're not engaged. We've literally received tons of messages despite our protests. It was just our birthday party."