Chapter Eight

The water ran down my back as I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to remove all the shampoo and I just couldn't stop thinking about him. It's been a couple of days since we pretty much said nothing was off-limits for us, in terms of hooking up, but I still couldn't shake the feeling that this could and would go horribly wrong. Turning around to face the water, I began rubbing the body wash over my arms.

"Let me help you with that." His hands wrapped around my waist, pushing my back up against his chest.

"Michael, what if someone hears us!?" I asked, concerned about the fact that we were in a bathroom where many people walk by.

"Well just be quiet." He whispered, pressing his lips against my neck.

"Easy for you to say." I replied, giving into the feeling of his body against mine. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pulled him even closer than he already was and tried to remember that anyone, at any time, could walk by and hear us.

---

"Brooke! You and Vinnie made it on TikTok room!" Alex shouted from the kitchen. Rolling my eyes, I knew exactly what I was about to see and I just couldn't be bothered. That damn Instagram will take anything and everything they can and turn it into something more.

"I couldn't care less." I explained, entering the kitchen and grabbing a water from the fridge.

"People seem to be buying into it. Look." Alex said, sliding his phone across the counter. I rolled my eyes at the photo of me and Vinnie sitting on the steps and I shook my head at the ten second video of me walking in on Vinnie livestreaming.

"These people act like we don't fucking live together." I said, looking over at Vinnie, whose face was just as unimpressed as mine.

"Well, look on the brightside; instead of hating on you, people are actually saying you're too good for him."

"I'm too good for any of you bitches." I joked, handing the phone back to Alex.

"But we really do need to find you someone." Kouvr said. "Michael, how about we actually try that wingman thing."

"Don't think I'm the right person for the job." He mumbled, scrolling through his phone. "Plus, from what I hear, Brooke isn't really interested in relationships." Getting up from the chair, I watched him leave the room and I couldn't help but stand there in disbelief. Waiting a couple of minutes before leaving, I headed upstairs and towards Michael's room.

"Are you good?" I asked, opening the door. "Because you didn't seem to care that I don't want a relationship while you were banging me in the shower."

"You into him?" He asked, turning to face me. "Vinnie. Do you like him?"

"I'm sorry...are you jealous? Because that's something that comes with being exclusive and that's something we never agreed on."

"We didn't exactly agree on anything, Brooke. Are we just hooking up with each other? Can I date? Are you dating?"

"I didn't realize I had to spell it out, Michael. Do whatever you want. You're single. I'm single. You wanna go on a date with someone? Go on a date with someone. If we end up together at the end of the night; whatever."

"So this is fully friends with benefits?" He asked, taking a step towards me. "No strings attached; hookup, shut up."

"Hookup, shut up." I repeated, taking a step backwards as Michael continued to move towards me. "And no," I said, opening Michael's bedroom door, which made him stop in his tracks. "I don't like Vinnie."

A/N: And the rules have been set! Do you think it'll work out? Will feelings get in the way? If so, who will fall first? Or has someone ALREADY fallen...?