Chapter 20

BROKEN DREAMS CLUB
☽ ✮ ☾

HOPE WAS WITH POPE AND JJ AGAIN

HOPE WAS WITH POPE AND JJ AGAIN. She had promised Pope she would help him out, with his chores, as the perfect cousin that she is. Besides, it's not like she had anything else to do. They had to deliver some groceries to Figure Eight. When JJ heard she would come, he immediately decided he wanted to come too. Besides he needed the money anyway.

"You kids get those groceries over to Figure Eight." Heyward, Pope's father instructed the three teenagers. "Get straight back here when you're done. No fishing." He ordered them as the teens put to grocery bags he gave them on the boat. "I promised delivery by this afternoon. Rich folks don't wanna wait for you lazy sons of--"

Heyward suddenly cut himself off as he saw JJ with his hands wide open prepared to take the bags of groceries. "Oh, JJ, thank you," Heyward told the blonde teenager. "Sons of bitches." he then spat, making Hope chuckle lightly.

He then turned to Hope, pointing his finger at her.  "Hope I'm counting on you to keep an eye on these two hooligans, especially the blonde one."

"Will do, Mr. Heyward," Hope promised him, with an angelic smile on her face.

☽ ✮ ☾

"How does my dad trust you more than me?" Pope asked Hope as they left towards Figure Eight.

Hope shrugged her shoulders. "Parents love me."

"Doesn't even look like the storm hit there." Pope then said as he looked at the view of the houses in Figure Eight.

"That's because they got generators, bro. Get used to it." JJ explained to Pope while playing with a knife. "And then they say the juice will be out all summer in the cut," JJ informed bitterly.

"It's nice to be a Kook." Pope declared. "I was at Hope's house yesterday and she even had internet," Pope told. "And her Tv was working, we watched a documentary."

"Lucky bastards," JJ asserted as they arrived at their destination. "Or lucky bitches!" he said sending Hope a glare.

"JJ! I'm here. I can hear you. You're shaming me for having money, again." Hope pouted. She knew he was lucky for having money, and that JJ was unlucky, with his old tee-shirts with holes and his constant hunger because he didn't have anything to eat at his house. But his endless bitter remarks about her being a filthy rich Kook were getting aggravating.

JJ grinned. "Oh, c'mon Hope I was fooling around. You're my favorite Kook."

"I'm the only Kook you like," Hope remarked.