03. - dance with the devil

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
𝔱𝔢𝔞𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯'𝔰 𝔭𝔢𝔱
trois. — tethers!

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Deep inside there was something missing, something broken in Mina. The place in her heart where her familial love was meant to be was null and void, an empty cavern that she tried desperately to fill her entire life with all the wrong things.

The truth was Mina floated through life and nothing ever really touched her. She was without a tether, without something to ground her to reality and day by day she found herself slipping away further into her visions, soon enough all she was would be lost. And the worst part?

( THAT DID NOT SCARE HER. )

If she could float away, tear her mind from her body — the body that weighed her down to the dreary earth heavy and tired — she would. Leaving behind her body and her mind, her soul would soar for miles. The wind would caress it so gently, it's touch gentler than anything she had yet experienced in life and Mina would be at peace.

The sound of a letter being dropped in front of her harshly ripped her from her thoughts and made her aware of how she had been sat at the breakfast table simply staring at nothing — no wonder people thought her strange only two weeks into the school year — the envelope was a deep green, she knew who it was from immediately. Though it had been years since she had received a letter from her parents and not just a house elf she could practically feel the disdain, smell the way they abhorred her from that letter before even opening it.

Of course it was only a small letter detailing how she would not under any circumstances besmirch or embarrass their good family name, and that her sister would be keeping a close eye on her for any signs of misbehaviour to report back to them. Flitting her eyes upwards she glanced to the other end of the table to find her sister showing off all the treats their parents had sent her in a care package. In her hand she held a heavy looking letter obviously sent by their mother by the smug grin she was sporting. Turning back towards her tea she made sure both hands were clasped around it in plain view, her eyes staring into the cup with complete and utter focus.

At the other end of the table her sister let out a shill scream, the letter in her hand bursting into a bright ball of flames, she lifted her eyes from the cup calmly just in time to see one of the boys sat beside her sister throw a cup of pumpkin juice over her in panic. The fire was extinguished and her sister was left glaring at the boy murderously as the sticky substance dripped from her hair, face, and clothes, "Nott, you smooth brained dunce!"

Collecting her books, Mina made her way out of the hall quietly, a smile threatening to pull at the corner of her lips, unaware of the spectator she had unwittingly gained.