07. - the wrath of the lamb

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
𝔱𝔢𝔞𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯'𝔰 𝔭𝔢𝔱
sept. — the doom of hogwarts!

 — the doom of hogwarts!

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Tom Riddle was an easy man to love.

Everything about him pulled her in, those haunting eyes, that deep voice, his keen observant mind. It was all so delectable. How could she resist? Every word that dripped from his lips was like honey that was coated with a snide poison that she would gladly shoot straight into her veins if he asked.

Night after night she found herself curled up in his arms, or lounging on the rug by the fire as he graded papers. She had never been so intimate with a person, not physically, nor mentally. Mina had given her all to him and all she could do was beg that the devil be merciful and not crush her fragile heart with his spindly fingers.

Mina found that for once she finally felt comfortable, dare she say happy with the girl who stared back at her in the mirror. No longer did she walk around with her head bowed as though in a deep prayer, Mina had found that less people bothered her now that they could truly see the cold depths of her steely grey eyes. Her hair lay in even more of an unruly mess due to Tom constantly pulling at it and running his fingers through it — but she had learned to embrace the wild. She found it to be such a shame that she had to cover the marks he gave her when in company other than himself, it felt like his claim on her was being washed away every time she covered the finger shaped bruises around her neck and the red and purple love bites that littered her skin.

Mina could at least take comfort in the ache that came from the finger shaped bruises on her hips, and the ache between her legs after a particularly long night. It was a reminder to her, a reminder that this was real — it wasn't all in her head. Because though for the first time in her life she felt like her soul was finally sated, balanced her mind couldn't have been in more disarray. Her visions that had once tormented her ceaselessly seemed scarce now, the odd vision poking unwontedly into her mind every now and then though it usually wasn't anything of any real significance. Even curiouser when she tried to gaze into her own future all she saw was pure black nothingness, the haunting tune of her music box ringing in her ears.

She tried to rationalise it as stress, the stress of her parents overbearing breath on her neck as they tried to force a betrothal upon her. The boy in question having sent her numerous letters that she was sure he thought were 'charming' and 'romantic' but instead came across at the oafish ramblings of a boy more interested in pleasing his parents than actually getting to know her.

The day she had returned to Hogwarts after the winter break she had come straight to Tom, barely holding back tears as she knew he detested the sight of such weakness but was unable to keep herself completely calm as she rambled about how she was going to be sent halfway across the world to marry a boy she had never met.