The Man With The Sword And The Ring

I felt air blowing on my face, even though the window and door were closed.I woke up in a large open area. Am I dead? Is this what heaven looks like?I saw someone far away who was holding a sword. They looked at me and I got scared. I yelled, "Who are you? Where am I?"He disappeared and suddenly appeared in front of me. He was holding a big sword that had some writing on it. He also had a golden ring. He said, "You don't have to worry, you're either alive or dead now."Who are you? What do you mean?The creature said, "I'm like you, and my job is to let you choose between this sword or this ring."I am confused. What does Deliv mean? Where am I? What should I choose?The "Between" is a place between the world of the living and the world of the dead. It is created based on a person's final thoughts. If your last thought was of a big field, that's why you might see it there.Deliv: I can't believe what I'm seeing. Is this happening or am I dreaming?The creature said "Yes," sadly.Deliv: Can you explain? You said "now" at the end. What does that mean? Also, I'm not dead or alive.If you pick a sword, you'll die. But you can still go to the world of living without being seen or able to talk to anyone. You'll have an important job of guarding both worlds against harm.What risks are associated with Deliv?The thing says, "I can't tell you right now, but you'll find out soon."How about I pick the ring?The Switches are powerful beings who can move between different worlds. They can interact with people in the living world, but nobody will remember or recognize them.What do you want to pick?Deliv: I don't know what to do. It's really hard to watch the people you love without being able to talk to them. It's a terrible mental nightmare. But it's just as bad if you can talk to them, but they don't remember who you are.You have to choose what you want. If you want something, you might have to give something up to get it. You don't have much time to decide, so make your decision quickly.I decided to disappear so that my loved ones would not suffer because of me.