008. unexpected guests

"Are you going to let me in?" The brunette woman says

"Are you going to let me in?" The brunette woman says. Charlie stands with her hand on the door handle, frozen in place.

"Charlie," Addison says, gently placing a hand on her arm, drawing her out of her frozen state.

"Yeah, come in." She swallows the lump in her throat and moves out of the way letting Morgan into their house. Charlie watches as the brunette steps into her home. Morgan steps in and takes a look around.

"Well, isn't this cute," Morgan says, taking off her coat. She looks at the pictures on the wall. "What, no pictures of me?"

"What are you doing here, Morgan?" Charlie asks her, crossing her arms.

"Can't I just stop by and say hello." She pouts her lips and cocks her head.

"You haven't stopped by to say hello in 8 years. I don't need you coming and interrupting my life now. Not when I have just grasped a sense of normality."

"Lottie--"

"Do not call me that."

"Come on, don't be like that," Morgan says as she settles on the couch.

"Would you just excuse us for a minute?" Addison smiles at the brunette on the couch. Morgan nods and Addison gently places a comforting hand on her wife's bicep, pulling her away from the situation and into the kitchen. "Please tell me Morgan isn't some secret wife of yours."

"Morgan? Jesus, Addison, no." Charlie looks over to the brunette sitting on her couch. "She's my sister."

Addison stands, her mouth agape. She takes in a breath and raises her eyebrows. "You never mentioned you had a sister?"

"She's my half-sister, from my Dad's first marriage, we were close but then after Dad not so much." Charlie crosses her arms and Addison leans against the kitchen island. She hangs her head and lets out a light laugh. "What's wrong." Charlie dips her head, trying to see what's wrong.

"Your sister, Charlie. God, there is still so much I don't know about you. During those, what, 9 months we dated, did we even talk?" Addison laughs and moves away from Charlie towards the large bay windows that look out in the garden.

"What do you mean?" Charlie says to her in confusion.

"Charlie, you have a whole other sibling you neglected to tell me about. What else are you hiding?" Addison says in a hushed whisper.

"Addie." Charlie laughs and reaches for her hand.

"I'm serious, Charlotte." She states, pulling her hand away. "There is so much more to you that I don't know about." Addison looks away, her eyes catching the candles burning down to nothing and the dinner laid out for them both on the dining table. She deep breath before squeezing her eyes shut. "I have a...er...a patient I need to go and check on." She says gathering herself and pushing past Charlie.