Chapter 69

Jaddreirth, sighed annoyed as he through down his black training bag onto the bed. The room that he shared with a wizard called Gregory, was made out of oak, with medieval tapestry's painted on the walls of mythical beasts and wizards. The only furniture in the room was the two cream coloured beds on either side of the room, a shared wardrobe and a bedside table that sat underneath the only windowsill in the room, in between the two beds.

Gregory only raised one of his ginger eyebrows at him and said "so that's how it went?" Jaddreirth, gave Gregory a warning glare then sat on his bed with a thud and asked angrily "you are right as always, are you happy?" Gregory looked at him and asked "what about?" Jaddreirth breathed out a long sigh, he had been sighing the last couple of days which he never did in his entire existence "about Alice. She is so much like my brother, wanting to go into battle or onto a new mission before they are ready. I even stupidly told her, that if her mates agree that she can go on a mission, then I will agree too" Gregory got up from his bed and asked "well isn't that a good thing?" Jaddreirth gave him a look of disgust and yelled "ARE YOU STUPID OR HAVE YOU NOT LISTENED TO A THING I HAVE SAID? THE LAST MEMBER OF THE FLIPPING ROYAL FAMILY, WHANTS TO GO ON A BLOODY MISSION. WHAT IF SHE...what if she gets killed? I will fail once more in protecting my races Royal Family, I can't see that happening again, I can't. She is the only hope my race has....well what's left of it anyway. I don't know what to do anymore". For the second time in his existence, his shoulders fell in defeat. Oh how he so wanted to go on a mission to relieve the stress, or even have a large mug of Zanatoo mead, but after the last time in the nearby tavern......let's just say it didn't go well and he was banned from entering for a whole year.

Jaddreirth's head, finally fell. Once that happened Gregory, came over to him and sat down on the bed next to him and said in disbelief "wow, now I have seen it all. The mighty Jaddreirth, finally defeated" Jaddreirth just scoffed, but what Gregory said next snapped him out of his defeat "old friend, you can't give up now. I have heard rumours that 'the seals', are slowly...." Gregory, was pulled out of his thoughts when Jaddreirth, grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him whilst asking him disbelief "what about 'the seals', surely no human nor mythical creature will be that stupid. TELL ME NOW". Gregory pulled away from him, shook himself and then he said "yes, three of the four seals have been found, by a human businessman. Luckily he has not got all the seals together. No one knows how he is getting them, although......." Gregory, looked at Jaddreirth unsure but carried after Jaddreirth gave him a glare "there are reports of the three keepers of the seals have gone missing, you know as well as I do that in its self is remarkable. The last keeper of the seal, has many beings and traps protecting it, plus it is trap in time, in Pompeii, since it is the most dangerous of the 4" Jaddreirth, quickly got up and grabbed his black training bag, from the bed. Gregory, didn't need a reply from Jaddreirth, after all he knew what he was going to do, but Gregory said to Jaddreirth "kill the human if you have too. I know this is against are beliefs and against are code, but don't forget if that human brings all the seals together, nothing and no one will be safe. Not even the humans. Do whatever is necessary, just bring back those seals and put them back in there rightful place" he let out a long sigh and said "I know you are trying to protect Alice and don't want her to get involved in are world. But I'm sorry to say......sigh.....she cannot go back, she lost that right as soon as she walked into our world".

Jaddreirth, looked at Gregory confused. Gregory, had always said we make are own choices in life, swore by it. Gregory, gave Jaddreirth a sad smile and said "I'm sorry old friend, even I can't tell you why. I have made a promise on this subject and I can't go back on my word. All I can say is that, we all have a reason for living, including the path that we have to take in life. She will bring happiness and death".

Jaddreirth, left confused. Not knowing the horrors of the future that awaited.