♡Chapter 2♡

Layla's POV

Finally, the school day was over which meant I had to go to Luke's house to study with him. I felt butterflies in my stomach. Wow, I must really like him.

***

I took a bath and put on Why Try by Ariana Grande and closed my eyes for about 3 minutes. It felt good to just drown in music when you feel overwhelmed. After washing my hair, I got out of the tub and then went to my closet to choose a outfit. I put on a shirt that has a picture of the moon, a black cardigan, and some light wash colored jeans.

My phone suddenly buzzed and I check it. It's Luke he direct messaged me on Instagram.

Hey, Layla. what's your number?

I kept on reading it over and over and it made me smile. Something about that douche bag just makes me happy, like the small things. Heck, he can do the simplest thing like ask me for my number and I'll automatically get all giddy inside. After like ten minutes of being internally hype I responded with my number. Okay, back to getting ready. I straightened my long brown hair and put on some makeup. Which, in my case, is not normal because I never wear makeup unless there's a special occasion. I put on some black mascara, a little eyeliner, and some Baby Lips lip balm.

I check my phone and I see a text from an unkown number.

Hey, it's Luke. Meet me around 4:30pm at my house. ;)

I laughed a little when I saved his contact as "The Bully Luke."

(1 hour later)

This is it. I'm in front of his house. I went on his door step and knocked on the door seeing a shirtless Luke.

Oh. My. God.

I couldn't help but stare at his toned body. His skin was so pale yet perfect because of the sun setting behind me, making his skin glow as if he were an angle (He sure looks like one).

"It's okay if you wanna touch me, Layla." Luke says while cockily laughing, while I just blush because he had caught me shamelessly eyeing him up and down.

I tried my best to not drool as Luke played with his lip ring, rubbing his shoulder as if he was modeling. "Uhm...Layla? I know I forgot to text you my address so...how did you know where I lived?"

My eyes widen. Oh great! He probably thinks I'm a stalker. Ugh. "Well, um, you see, I see you every day after school go into your house and- WAIT NO THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT." I automatically panicked as Luke raised an eyebrow skeptically at me. "I know you might think I'm some freaky stalker girl but I'm not. You and I just take the same path home after school and I sometimes see you and-"

"Layla!" Luke shuts me up, putting one of his long fingers on my pouty mouth. I gulped, looking back up at him, noticing he was now laughing again.

"Jeez, babe, it was just a question." He shook his head as he and smirked. I almost fell to the floor as Luke's soft finger slowly trailed across my skin to my cheek, then to my chin before lifting it up so he can have a perfect view of my redden cheeks. He studied my face for a second and frowned slightly, eyeing every part of me. My knees buckled at his touch, but why did he frown?

"Anyhow, you can come in. The bathroom is upstairs so if you need to go before we start you can go now," he said, placing his hand back down to his side.

I let out a shaky sigh and took a step in, then felt my hand brush on his smooth, bare back. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry!" I say while blushing like crazy. Without waiting for one of his witty comments, I hurry upstairs to go to the bathroom to process what just happened. Damn, he looks so hot with wet hair and no shirt; I'm surprised I didn't just tackle him to the floor already. I washed my hands because they felt clammy like always, especially being around Luke. I took a deep breath and after like 3 minutes of breathing in and out I finally went back downstairs. There he was, sitting down at the dining room table, with his quiff and black lip ring. I can't help but stare. Something about him made my heart skip a million miles a beat.

Luke's POV

Thank god, Layla came back downstairs. I missed her adorable, oh-so-innocent face. She nervously glances up at me and takes a seat at the other end of the table.

"Layla, sit next to me; I don't bite!" I lower my voice, biting my lip. "Unless you want me to," I wink at her. I like the effect I have on her. Yes, I have the natural, charming effect on every girl at our high school; but Layla's different. She doesn't...throw herself at me or tries to impress me. She's so shy and clumsy, and always stutters when she's nervous. I can tell that when I bumped into her today, she probably thought I've never noticed her before. Well, she's wrong.

With Layla being so beautiful and smart, she's so hard not to notice.

Layla stutters a quiet "okay" and sits next to me. I hummed; she smells good, like a mixture of coffee and cake.

Without thinking, I turn her chair directly around so she can face me. I cock my head to the side and brushed some of her beautiful brown hair from her face, earning a small gasp from her. I study her face. I still don't understand why she was wearing makeup. those were my exact thoughts from when we were at the door.

"Hey, why do you have makeup on?" I say looking in her big brown eyes.

"I-I don't know. I just felt like wearing it today," she replies back, and I can tell she wasn't expecting me to ask her that.

"Well, you look better without it," I say sincerely. I noticed that she started to blush, causing me to smile.

Around school, yeah, I have a reputation. Not a good one, at least, but everyone loves me. I'm labeled a jerk, a douche, bully, and sometimes "Sex-on-a-stick", but that's all just an act. Really, I am violent and bad or whatever, but that isn't all of me. I can be kind and nice and polite, but I haven't found a reason to. Until Layla transferred.

And to be honest, the only reason why I wanted her to be my study partner was because I've always had a crush on her. She's so different; so pure. I want someone like her. I can be the dark angle and she could be the white angle. I want someone innocent, and what other perfect girl can fulfill my selfish yet desperate needs? But I promise, until the day I die, and even beyond that, I will never admit it.

Not even to her.

Layla's POV

I wonder what's Luke thinking about, he's been staring at my face for who knows how long. I keep blushing and I don't know how to stop.

But hey, this is much better than studying.

A/N: Sorry for taking forever to update! I've been busy with school but I promise that Dayanie and I are going to try to update at least twice a week. We really appreciate the reads, comments, and votes! We love you and I hope you have a lovely day. Byeee!

-Kayla and Dayanie