Chapter Three - We're Not Dating

Parlor Room, The Decorated Solider Tattoo Shop

Raising her shirt so it was bunched just under her chest, Ahsoka laid flat against the cool surface of the chair.

She shivered when he rubbed the disinfectant alcohol on her skin. Needles never really scared her so there was no fear, just that rush of adrenaline she so loved.

"So, Commander, are you and your... Captain Rex a thing?"

The only reason why she didn't physically startle in shock at his question was because she would not let this tattoo get messed up.

"Excuse me?" She spluttered.

"You and blondie out there. Are you two a couple?" Del was speaking so nonchalantly and Ahsoka didn't understand what would make him think that.

"Of course not! Jedi don't have relationships." That was a well-known fact.

From what she could see out of the corner of her eye, the man shrugged like it wasn't a huge deal, but kept silent.

Ahsoka knew she should have just let it drop, but her curiosity wouldn't let her keep her mouth shut. "What would even make you think that anyways?"

The first prick of the needle wasn't bad, and the artist took a moment to answer.

"He didn't like when I hit on you."

Whoever said girls were confusing got it backwards. Boys were the perplexing ones.

"Wait, you hit on me?"

Where had she been at?

"Yeah. And your boyfriend got this, 'If-you-even-look-in-her-general-direction-again-I-will-personally-rip-your-eyes-out-and-shove-them-down-your-throat' look."

When did this even happen?

She didn't know what else to say besides, "He isn't my boyfriend," sounding rather lost even to herself.

Del hummed as he continued working across her skin. "If you say so."

Ahsoka fell silent, letting him focus. And, also, because she had no clue what to say.

"Plus," he began again after a few minutes, as if she were not obviously discomfited with his train of thought. "He obviously wants to keep you safe."

The urge to huff was strong, but she resisted. "Del, its part of Rex's job to keep me safe. I'd be dead without him, ori'haat."

Wishing she could actually see face as he responded, Del said, "You know, you're only proving my point."

"And please explain how, exactly I'm doing that?" This man was most assuredly a di'kut.

"Answer me first. Where did you learn Mando'a from?"

Ahsoka did not like this line of questioning, but she couldn't back down, not now. "My men taught me some words."

He did that annoying hum again. "And how many words did your Captain teach you?"

"A few," She ground out. It was obviously only because she was starting to feel the pinch of her tattoo.

"Interesting."