Chapter Four - Distracted Dancing

The Side Entrance of 79's Clone Bar

"Rex, old boy, I guess you'll just have to wait outside for me and pretend obliviousness while I go find them all myself."

He scowled. "Not likely, Commander."

"Then come along. It'll be fun," Ahsoka insisted, smirking. Without waiting for his undoubtedly unpleasant response, she opened the doors.

Immediately, shouts, holonet announcements, crashes, and voices grabbed her attention, nearly overwhelming her. Ahsoka was in awe. She had never seen so many raucous clones.

It was invigorating.

While her Masters were two of the most recognizable generals in the GAR, no one knew who she was, and, in this setting, that was exactly what she wanted.

If it wasn't for the fact that she would be jumping at every shadow, Ahsoka almost wished she wasn't carrying her sabers.

Then no one would know she was a Jedi.

She could just be a random Togruta chic hanging out with her friends on her Life Day.

Ahsoka shook the thought from her head. It wasn't possible, so there was no point dwelling upon it.

Rex was standing right behind her, as she could feel him looming over her like a fire breathing sarlacc, warning everyone else to stand back.

Not sure if she found it annoying or endearing, Ahsoka let her eyes roam.

Twi'lek women, droids, and non-clones partook in the lively atmosphere, many of them dancing, tempting her to join the fun.

Ahsoka loved to dance.

But she focused on finding own her clones. She thought it would be a bit easier as most of the men were dressed in grey while she knew the boys who had come with her were in their white and blue.

Suddenly, though, a roar grabbed her attention, drawing her to the source.

She should have known.

At the bar, Hardcase sat with shot glasses surrounding him as the rest of his brothers egged him on.

She could already imagine the pounding headache he was going to wake up with and winced.

Making her way toward them, Ahsoka was jostled a few different times as sentients 'danced' to the music and she almost considered giving up and joining them.

But she didn't and, raising her voice, the Jedi called out, "Hey, boys, don't have too much fun without me."

They all turned around, and, as a testament to just how drunk Hardcase was, he lifted a shot to her. "To the Commander!"

Before she – or Rex, in all actuality – could shut him up, he climbed upon the stool he had previously been sitting on, wobbling dangerously and shouted even louder, the music quieting just slightly.

"Ke'sush, vod! I have an announcement to make! My dearest Commander's Life Day is today and every trooper in here needs to raise their glass to wish her a briikase gote'tuur!"

Hardcase motioned to her to come over and lowered his hand, as if he wouldn't fall over trying to help her up.

Ignoring how Rex's anxiety was screaming at her through the Force, Ahsoka weaved over to her drunk comrade and let him aid her onto the stool next to him, her grin enormous.