Werecat Taka

Alternare title: A fanfic about catboy Taka but with extra steps

-

Mondo knocked on Kiyotaka's door. More like banged, he's bad at controlling his strength at times but Kiyotaka wouldn't mind since he was probably used to it.

"Oi, Taka! It's me, Mondo," Mondo yelled. Kiyotaka hadn't answered his door for a good while which was quite abnormal.

Maybe Kiyotaka was just showering...

Mondo's worries disappeared when Kiyotaka finally answered the door. But it immediately reappeared when he saw Kiyotaka wearing a kind-of oversized Hope's Peak hoodie, with the hood covering the top of his head.

Mondo had never seen Kiyotaka wear casual clothes even in his own dorm room (well.. except when he sleeps). Let alone a hoodie. Which was why seeing Kiyotaka in a hoodie made Mondo quite worried for him (ignoring the fact that Mondo was silently squealing at how cute he looked).

"H-hello, Oowada. I almost forgot that we were supposed to have a tutoring session today," he said, embarrassed. "Please, come in," Kiyotaka moved aside so that Mondo could enter his room.

Once Mondo heard Kiyotaka lock the door, he turned towards him and worriedly asked, "Taka. Ya feelin alright?"

"Huh? Oh- yes, I'm fine. I'm alright," he stammered out while tugging his hoodie down and hid his forehead more.

Mondo placed a hand on his shoulder. Kiyotaka flinched at the contact. "If yer' not feeling too well, we can always do the tutor session another time, y'know?" he offered.

Kiyotaka smiled, "I appreciate your concern but you shouldn't worry, Kyoudai," he walked past Mondo and sat on one of the chairs at his table. Mondo assumed that the other chair was for him so he sat next to Kiyotaka.

Kiyotaka moved an opened book and a pencil towards Mondo's side of the table, "As usual, do the entire page of these math questions and let me know if there's something you're having trouble with," Kiyotaka spoke.

Mondo nodded and began doing the problems.

The first few questions were pretty easy. Kiyotaka had taught him the easy way to solve the problem before. But once he was met with a convoluted question, his brain practically shut down and stopped working.

Mondo, irritated, twirled around his pencil as he thought about some sort of a solution for the math problem but his brain wouldn't cooperate with him.

He turned towards Kiyotaka to ask him but he stopped after he saw him just staring blankly at the table. Mondo furrowed his eyebrows. Kiyotaka was acting really weird.

He poked Kiyotaka's shoulder to get his attention. He flinched violently at the contact and snapped his head towards Mondo.

"Whoa. Ya okay, Bro?" Mondo asked.

"I-" Kiyotaka stopped himself from saying anything more because of his own shallow breathing. His eyes frantically moved around, avoiding eye contact. He was desperately tugging down his hoodie in hopes to hide his face more.

Mondo didn't know if he was hallucinating about how Kiyotaka's eyes looked like slits. But he didn't dwell at the thought for too long. He had to comfort Kiyotaka now as he seemed distressed.

Mondo placed both of his hands on either side of Kiyotaka's face and urged him to look up at Mondo, "Oi. Calm down," he told Kiyotaka.

He had little to no experience in comforting people but he somehow managed to instantly return Kiyotaka back to his calm state. Mondo could clearly see Kiyotaka's bright red eyes slowly dilating as they stared at each other.