VIII. - "I won't forget"

The first person to greet the siblings showed up behind the gates, an arm outstretched for a handshake with the older of the pinkenette’s. Evelyn watched the ravenette with suspicion, but still with kindness behind her eyes, trying to not give out any off vibes, like she used to. The ravenette soon came around to greet the girl as well, offering her a handshake as well. The girl outstretched her arm, her smaller hand fitting into Sapnap’s nicely, his long fingers wrapping tenderly around her petite hand in a firm, yet gentle shake. The elytrian smiled slightly, before her and Techno continued on their way through the SMP, and towards L’manburg, where their other siblings and their friends were. Evelyn thought that Techno would accompany her inside, but the man continued on his way somewhere else, saying he’s had other business to take care of. She let it slide, although it bothered her, before she jumped off of the horse, and lead it inside the walls. Her steps were rather hesitant, quiet, as they walked further inside the territory.

 The first person, that flew into her arms, was, of course, Fundy, who’s heard her speak to Techno earlier. He hugged at her waist rather tightly, head resting on top of hers and his fluffy tail wrapping around the both of them. She giggled, but hugged the boy back gently. She noted how much he’s grown over the year she’s been gone, after all, Fundy used to be shorter than her back then, and he’s just fifteen. After they left the hug, the hybrid began bombarding her with questions, asking where she went and why, how did the cut heal and where she stayed, not giving her a second to breathe, until another kid crashed into her arms, followed by her brother. She laughed, but hugged them back, her eyes meeting Fundy’s for a second, before they landed on two people nearing them. Will and Niki. As much as she loved her brother, the voices inside her head screamed at her to turn around and leave.

 “Eevee, can I speak to you for a second?” Her brother mumbled, and the girl nodded. The healed scar stung her, as she let go of the two boys, the sting following by a burn to help her remember about that one night, when Wilbur used his sword to cut her arm. Evelyn forgave him, of course, but she could never forget, and so she kept her distance from the man, a hand resting on the handle of her newly enchanted sword, that Techno has helped her to get and polish into perfection. They wrapped a gauze on the handle, just so she could have a better grip at the light, yet sharp weapon if she ever had to fight. The sword gave off magenta and cyan particles resembling fire of some sorts, and occasional particles that reminded her of endermen, probably caused by the Eye that they have managed to place onto the base of the netherite covered sword. The sword itself was almost touching the ground with how huge it was, with enchantments engraved onto it, showing off the power it held. “I… I wanted to say sorry.” The man said, apologetic. Evelyn chuckled and shook her head, eyes traveling down to rest on the floor. They stood inside the camarvan, face to face with one another. The atmosphere felt off, almost tense, and the elytrian hated it.

 “You seriously hurt me and Fundy, Will. I can forgive you, but I won’t forget.” Evelyn said, noticing her brother no longer wore the blue uniform. An old, brown trench coat hung off of his thin frame, accompanied with a red beanie resting on the top of his head, and a pair of black ripped jeans, a white yet dirty dress shirt tucked into them. He looked miserable to say the least. “I’ll go meet Punz now.” Without a single hesitation, the elytrian left the camarvan’s space, her wings half outstretched on her back. Wilbur watched her take off from the ground, eyes widening upon seeing her fly. The netherite plates covered with golden aspects and chains hung off of them, complimenting her black wings nicely, protecting them from potential danger. The brunette suddenly remembered the day he’s seen her for the first time, with her wings out of supporting feathers, blood trickling down the remaining of them. The girl, back then, was much more vulnerable than she was now. The boy knew that Techno has trained her and prepared her well for this day, but he had no clue that his twin would have so much power to actually motivate the girl into flying. Nobody ever talked her into it, not even Tommy or Phil.

 The elytrian landed near where Punz’s house used to stand, deciding to walk on the prime path in peace for a bit. For some reason, everything felt off, as if something was bound to happen. Evelyn felt it in her bones, but couldn’t point her finger on the feeling. Legs lead her towards the house, eyes narrowed on the wooden path. She’s been thinking a lot recently – it almost felt unhealthy with how many hours she’s spent closed up in her room, writing down the intrusive thoughts mixed with encouraging words. Her head has been a mess, but to be fair, when was it not. As she walked, her eyes searched for anything familiar, any trace that would lead her to the young blond, that always liked to care for her for some reason.

 “Looking for someone?” a voice caught her attention, making her look up. There stood a boy completely covered in golden armor, and a smile on his lips. Evelyn scratched the back of her neck, as she looked around, only to find the house she’s been looking for, but in a very bad state. As if someone blew it up, griefed it and killed everything alive that lived there. Tears gathered at the corners of the elytrian’s blue eyes, averting back towards the brunette. “Oh, Punz has moved houses, don’t worry, he’s okay.” The boy reassured gently, deciding to lead the girl over to the boy’s new house, sparking a conversation here and there. Evelyn has learned that they called him Foolish, and he came from a different SMP, to help around and maybe build a couple of new buildings, or repair the broken pathways and creeper holes. He seemed like a very nice guy in Evelyn’s eyes, and she hoped to see him once more.

 She’s learned, that Foolish was not really involved in anything regarding the revolution that was bound to happen, and unlike Techno, he tried to explain to her as many details as he could. He himself didn’t know much, telling her, that he currently lived in a desert where he was working on a huge build inspired by an unknown nation called “Egypt”. Evelyn has read about these fictional nations and countries in a couple of her books, but knew they were only fictive, an imagination of sorts. The gold covered man lead her all the way to a new house, seemingly different to what Punz’s house used to look like, and she thanked with a smile on her lips.

 “You need to show me what you’re up to after the revolution.”